M46 list / registry

cuda hunter

FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
So, I know this is a C body forum but I find C bodies at most locations that have a barracuda or challenger.
Unfortunately the C's are usually used to harvest the heart for the cuda's.
Anyway, I collect information and cars and the scoops relating to any M46 barracuda.

This is an option that was only available in 1970 BH coded barracuda's.
If anyone has any info to add to this it would be appreciated.
I have 31 on my list so far and I am working on adding another but often times folks are hesitant to participate in the knowledge.

Here is my main list over on ebodies . org.

I have posted want adds on febo.com before but as we all know the for only sites shut down threads when not used for a certain amount of time.

Here are some threads that talk about the scoops over on ebodies org.

And specific details about the scoops.

I'm always surprised that people ask me why I am interested in fender tags / trim tags.
These tags are very much part of what the car was and is.
The e body guys really get weird about it as a majority of ebody guys are hot rod guys and don't really understand originality.
You C body guys seem to really like the originality part of these cars and are far more willing to share tags.

Here are a few pictures for the discussion, that is if anyone feels compelled to discuss non C bodies.

Al's M46 4.jpg

4858250-9f_3.jpg

And as you might notice if you looked at any of those threads, I will travel anywhere to purchase these cars.
I'm trying to find the "broken" M46 that is in France. It is #12 on the list.

So far I have found one car for the list from one of yal great C body fellas. # 5 on the list.
Pictures of #5

4236.jpg

4237.jpg

4239.jpg

At first, I wondered why you were looking at M46 Patton tanks....

I've never seen that scoop or at least that I can remember. Interesting... I take it the stripe was part of the M46 option..

1024px-Marines-tank-Korea-19530705.jpg

Yes the stripe is part of the option. Out of the 31 cars I have proof of all of the stripes are red and white. In the parts book there is a call out for a blue and white stripe but no one has ever seen the blue and white stripe.
I have been looking for any NOS red and white or blue and white stripe pieces every year at carlisle to no avail.
For the most part, the NOS parts guys havn't even seen these scoops. I talk to guys that have parted out hundreds and hundreds of barracuda's and they are clueless as well.

The front valance gets blacked out, the sides of the car, front fender, door and rear fender get the black out and the tail panel gets the black out.

I'm always surprised that people ask me why I am interested in fender tags / trim tags.
These tags are very much part of what the car was and is.
The e body guys really get weird about it as a majority of ebody guys are hot rod guys and don't really understand originality.
You C body guys seem to really like the originality part of these cars and are far more willing to share tags.
I saw this the other day, pretty fresh on FB, don't know if you've seen it or it's been posted in other forums.

I have very little interest in Barracuda/Cuda's other than one of my early GF's was all gaa-gaa about Cuda's back when I had the 1st PK21 440.6bbl, but when I saw the Numbers on this one I thought about you so I'll toss it out here.

1972 Plymouth Barracuda $1,111,111 Denham Springs LA

1972 Plymouth Barracuda $1,111,111 Denham Springs LA.001.jpg
1972 Plymouth Barracuda $1,111,111 Denham Springs LA.002.jpg
1972 Plymouth Barracuda $1,111,111 Denham Springs LA.003.FT.jpg
1972 Plymouth Barracuda $1,111,111 Denham Springs LA.004.jpg
1972 Plymouth Barracuda $1,111,111 Denham Springs LA.005.VIN.jpg
1972 Plymouth Barracuda $1,111,111 Denham Springs LA.006.jpg
1972 Plymouth Barracuda $1,111,111 Denham Springs LA.007.jpg

MINI.ME.ONE.HUNDRED.TRILLION.jpg

Thanks for posting it. I'm always looking. 72 specifically I'm looking for a sunroof car with V21 in any color. 72 was the only year to get a sunroof in a barracuda/cuda.

Would love to have the opportunity to own a 6 pak car. Especially a PK21. Had one opportunity but 50K for a body minus ALL parts is just out of my little barracuda budget.
GF's was all gaa-gaa about Cuda's back when I had the 1st PK21 440.6bbl,

At first, I wondered why you were looking at M46 Patton tanks....

I've never seen that scoop or at least that I can remember. Interesting... I take it the stripe was part of the M46 option..
When I search daily for M46 I come up with all kinds of stuff for and about the patton tanks. I've actually learned a little bit about the tanks since I have been searching for M46's for over 10 years now.

The front valance gets blacked out, the sides of the car, front fender, door and rear fender get the black out and the tail panel gets the black out.
I did forget to mention that even though I can not find actual record of this, that the front grill's were supposed to all be black argent painted on the black plastic grills. The last car on my registry list, I own, had a black plastic grill in it, busted up but a black grill.
Most grills are grey plastic and dark argent painted. But I have yet to examine an actual "original" car. Those plastic grills get replaced a lot it seems.
Plus, the AAr was supposed to have black grills, later in the 70 production year but a bunch of those did not get those black grills also. Gran coupe's were also another possibly black grill depending upon what color the body was. But this is all speculation as I can not find any "written" information.

Back