Made a deal on a 1969 Sport Fury

Thanks for all the replies and likes on the car, I appreciate the feedback on the car. I have spent the last couple of days looking for some parts locally and online to fix some of the issues with the interior.
As for the car itself, I have decided I want to leave it pretty close to stock appearance with a couple performance upgrades done to the 318 to give it a bit more power to move it along. I have a set of 360 heads, a four barrel intake, electronic ignition and a Suregrip 3.23 for it already. I also have a couple different sets of rims in my collection I will rotate through as well.
No need to worry, I won't "Chad" the car out. I appreciate the charm of a C-Body and want to preserve the car as best as possible. I will be doing things to make it a nice daily driver in the summer months.

I'm going to have to put "Chadding" on my research list. Sounds bad.

CHADS !!!!!
The last time I heard of that was back in the 2000 Bush / Gore election with the hanging chads on the Florida ballots

hanging chads.jpg

the hanging chads.jpg

Looks like a good survivor and you're on the right track about keeping the stock flavor it still has.Personally,I wouldn't swap to 360 heads as the bigger ports will kill your low end torque which is what you need to get these big cars moving but I would add a 4bbl intake,dual exhaust, and the electronic ignition conversion.

nice car, its a clone to 1 i parted out last year but mine was a console shift car.
bought new here in victoria
i felt bad about parting it out but it had rust that wasnt visible at 1st - A pillars, firewall etc.
it had been stored on grass with a car cover on

20161114_155044-1.jpg

20161114_155118-1.jpg

20161113_152127.jpg

20161112_110657-1.jpg

Nice looking car. Is it my imagination or does the green paint endure better than the other colours?

Something about that pickle paint makes it last apparently. In a cruel twist of fate, the longest survivors seem to have that in common.

(P.S. No offense to those who love green!)

Last edited:
Back