Made new tranny lines yesterday..

mr. fix it

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
With all the work I have been doing to the Polara, I decided to bend up a pair of new lines.
The old ones were functional but looked like hell.
(see the 1st photo here..)
Plus with the front clip off still it was much easier to do now and near impossible once it is all back together.

I laid the old lines out onto a table and clamped them down so i could reference the lines as I bent the new ones.

Again the wonderful thing about these old cars is that we have so much area to play in that I could make nice straight 45' & 90' bends without worrying if I had strayed a bit.

20140609_213247.jpg

20140616_131815.jpg

20140616_132011.jpg

20140616_131728.jpg

Last edited:
Nice work. I cheated and bought new. Mine where toast I couldn't remove them from the transmission without destroying them.

Thanks.

I had intended to use the old ones as they were quite functional but on the ugly side. .

Having the tube bender really helps.

I had to build a new one by hand last year. Went through 3 lengths of tube before I got it right and that was with a tube bender! It got really tricky up by the radiator.

I had to build a new one by hand last year. Went through 3 lengths of tube before I got it right and that was with a tube bender! It got really tricky up by the radiator.

I can understand why. It takes a lot of visualization to make the bends in the correct angle n degree. .

I used to custom bend exhaust systems.
Had to do it by eye a few times.
Usually resulted in creating some scrap pieces:D

I can understand why. It takes a lot of visualization to make the bends in the correct angle n degree. .

I used to custom bend exhaust systems.
Had to do it by eye a few times.
Usually resulted in creating some scrap pieces:D

looks good, I also have custom bent exhaust and it's harder then it looks but I have also seen some guys that make it look so easy. keep up the good work and the pic's coming

Back