SOLD Magnum 500 Road Wheels...NO Trim Rings

Status
Not open for further replies.

cr8crshr

Reaction score
Contact seller
CORRECTION....These are 15" Wheels, 8" Wide with 4.5 Backspacing...

I am suddenly forced to liquidate a vast amount of project parts that I have had for my '66 Plymouth Satellite Project. First off are these re-conditioned Magnum 500 Road Wheels that I have re-painted with the exception of one. These were not the chrome ones but the Argent Silver and Black ones. I have the 4 Center Caps with mounting inserts. They are really a good set for a driver to a daily driver vehicle but by no meas perfect. I am asking $100.00 for the Rims, $20.00 for the Center Caps. Sorry but I do not have the Chrome Trim Rings but they are available through various avenues. The total for all these items is: $120.00 plus shipping and handling to your door. The handling charge is for the method of packaging of them in pairs. Each pair will be stacked with wood separating the 2 rims and with wood end pieces. Center Caps packaged and secured inside the rims or if you prefer I can mount them. Through the wheel lug holes will be a threaded rod with locking washers and nuts which you can use for another project around the house. I have shipped many a rim group this way and it has been very successful and makes it very easy for the UPS Driver. Now for shipping...

I would prefer to ship only to the US and Canada but if need be I will ship to Europe and the Pacific. Keep in mind that where ever these wind up going, Shipping will be expensive compared to other items. These are really in good shape and all that you need to do is finish the Black Paint on the last rim...masking stencil included...mount the rubber of your choice and you will have some really nice and affordable Magnum Road Wheels. Preferred method of payment is PayPal but I will also accept USPS Money Orders and Personal Checks. Personal Checks must clear before I will ship the rims out...cr8crshr/Tuck

022.jpg

023.jpg

024.jpg

026.jpg

Does anyone know if argent rims were original equipment in 1968 on Dodge C Bodies? If so I'd be interested if they were 15" and shipping wasn't astronomical.

You're '68s would have been chromed without trim rings.

Does anyone know if argent rims were original equipment in 1968 on Dodge C Bodies? If so I'd be interested if they were 15" and shipping wasn't astronomical.

I Goofed...They are actually 15" wheels, 8" wide with a 4.5" Backspacing...

please not Fred.

Like Patrick wrote: 15" Magnums are for Fords.
Never offered on Mopars.

It is maybe just me but the 15" Magnums drive me crazy when I see them on a Mopar. They simply do not belong on a Mopar.

If I do not drive original wheels (currently on one of my cars) I like the look of oldschool aftermarket wheels, I would drive an Ansen Sprint wheel, Keystone Classic, Cragar SS or TT II.
But never ever a Ford wheel.

Carsten

These are my brothers rims. He's had these awhile and been sitting on them and was going to give the to me. When he got them they had a crappy paint job on them. I took some steel wool to them and discovered that they are that brushed metal color that they should be underneath. He just doesn't have the time or space to go through all the grunt work to strip and make them correct. Hope this helps.

No offense, but who taped those windows (recesses) on the wheels before they were ummm "re-conditioned"? Ray Charles?

I have the 14" on my 300 when I take the 20" off. I repainted mine, since my grandfather put them on in the 80's he got the ones that require the trim rings. I did it all by hand as the sticker things to help you tape off always bleed thru. I just use them as for a show they look more correct then the big wheels.

please not Fred.

Like Patrick wrote: 15" Magnums are for Fords.
Never offered on Mopars.

It is maybe just me but the 15" Magnums drive me crazy when I see them on a Mopar. They simply do not belong on a Mopar.

If I do not drive original wheels (currently on one of my cars) I like the look of oldschool aftermarket wheels, I would drive an Ansen Sprint wheel, Keystone Classic, Cragar SS or TT II.
But never ever a Ford wheel.

Carsten

Kelsey Hayes did offer the Magnum 500 wheel in the aftermarket, so a true "Magnum 500" chrome wheel with the Magnum 500 center or better yet, the spinner center would be correct for a day 2 type resto... or as you say "oldschool".

They were also available on AMCs too.

The first thing most of us did was immediately put on 15" wheels.
Keystone was stamping out Magnum look-a-likes buy the ton.

Posted via Topify on Android

Kelsey Hayes did offer the Magnum 500 wheel in the aftermarket, so a true "Magnum 500" chrome wheel with the Magnum 500 center or better yet, the spinner center would be correct for a day 2 type resto... or as you say "oldschool".

They were also available on AMCs too.

I know for advertising Kelsey even used an e-body.
But they were used "regulary" on Fords. So it is a Ford wheel and nothing else.
Like Stan wrote you won't find many back in the day pics at all showing Mopars with 15" wheels.

Finally: Even Mopar considered these Magnum 500 chrome wheels in 15" back in summer 69 for the 1970 models. There is a red pre-production Charger shown with them. But Mopar decided aganst them. So stay with Ma Mopar and be still against shining Magnum wheels in 15". They just belong on Fords.

Carsten

We'll revisit this when you can no longer buy a 14" tire.

Nope, no problems here. Found 225/70-14's in three different tire lines all available next day. Other size 14's? No could do...

Posted via Topify on Android

I know for advertising Kelsey even used an e-body.
But they were used "regulary" on Fords. So it is a Ford wheel and nothing else.
Like Stan wrote you won't find many back in the day pics at all showing Mopars with 15" wheels.

Finally: Even Mopar considered these Magnum 500 chrome wheels in 15" back in summer 69 for the 1970 models. There is a red pre-production Charger shown with them. But Mopar decided aganst them. So stay with Ma Mopar and be still against shining Magnum wheels in 15". They just belong on Fords.

Carsten

Well... Then the argument can be made that the Road Wheels that we all like were used regularly on Chevy trucks and vans in the seventies.

$_57.JPG

But seriously, wheels are one of the things that make or break the look of a lot of cars. It's a personal thing and what I like might not be what anyone else likes and when push comes to shove.... I don't really care for the chrome rim Magnum type wheels, my preference is the ones with the trim rings.

I used to tell people I had Keystone wheels on my A12 Roadrunner because I liked them and didn't like the stock black wheels with chrome lug nuts. I got a lot of flack about it... but it was my car.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back