Manual drum brakes to Power booster drum brakes

Kurttonuzi

Reaction score
Hi, I have a 67 Fury II with manual drum brakes. I want to upgrade to a power booster with drum brakes for now. Is there another application that I can use to upgrade my Fury II. I don't know that I want to use the summit racing booster. Hope there are some good ideas and thanks for all the help.

Hi, I have a 67 Fury II with manual drum brakes. I want to upgrade to a power booster with drum brakes for now. Is there another application that I can use to upgrade my Fury II. I don't know that I want to use the summit racing booster. Hope there are some good ideas and thanks for all the help.
Hi well i dont know but if this work i have power booster off my 65 fury that had drum brakes i sell you for 25 plus shipping

20170818_181254.jpg

You also need the correct pedal assembly - manual brake pedals are different from power brake pedals, due to the difference in the leverage point.

A manual brake C Body pedal set from 65-68 should fit, and shouldn't be that hard to find.

The booster looks great. On my application I will not be able to mount the booster because the holes on the firewall are
designed for using only a non booster master cylinder and the bolt pattern is much more narrow. I believe there is a brackets that are used
to make up for this. I see them being used on A bodies. I uploaded a pic of what I have now and what the aftermarket looks like.
I do want to thank everybody for all there time and efforts. View attachment 145682

The booster looks great. On my application I will not be able to mount the booster because the holes on the firewall are
designed for using only a non booster master cylinder and the bolt pattern is much more narrow. I believe there is a brackets that are used
to make up for this. I see them being used on A bodies. I uploaded a pic of what I have now and what the aftermarket looks like.
I do want to thank everybody for all there time and efforts. View attachment 145682
Well if you look under your dash were your brake pedal is tou should see were the holes would be if that car had a booster for power brakes pretty sure it be there just not drill thru.

Back