WANTED Manual Steering Box for 1970 Fury

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr onetwo

FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
Contact seller
Hey Guys,
I am looking for a good large sector manual steering box to fit my 1970 Plymouth Fury.Would like a good one that doesn't need rebuilding.It's for a top secret project.:steering:I will pay shipping to 04915 in Maine.I have Paypal. The Lares 690 reman is unavailable anywhere.
Many Thanks,
Mark

manual box.jpg

I have one from a 65 or 66 but can't guarantee it doesn't need a rebuild. Pm me if you want

I found a few listings for the correct manual box on car-part, but when I called , every single junkyard no longer had the vehicle.Any ideas guys?

I guess my next question is are all the other front end steering parts the same or do I order different stuff?

Only change needed is manual steering pitman arm. All other front end components are the same.

Screenshot_20230330_082119_Gallery.jpg

I believe this is the same unit that was used on the 70s B-Series Dodge vans

Alan
Yes, and the worm gear assembly is the same as the other manual boxes in the A, B, and E bodies. That's usually the weak point in those boxes. That worm gear assembly is available in 3 different ratios for your specific needs/wants.

Yes, and the worm gear assembly is the same as the other manual boxes in the A, B, and E bodies. That's usually the weak point in those boxes. That worm gear assembly is available in 3 different ratios for your specific needs/wants.
So I can change the worm gear only and get a quicker ratio? Where are these parts available?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back