Master/proportioning valve plumbing pic

Yatzee

Reaction score
I am about to hang a booster and MC on my 65 Fury III. I have all the hardware but I
am not sure of plumbing the prop valve which has a second brass block in the rear brake
line which I assume is a pressure reduction valve for the rear drums. I do have SSB disks
on the front - drum rear. Any one with a pic of this setup? I want to do it once / do it right
as I have spent a small fortune on the parts and they are the right MC and other parts
for this change over.

The second brass block in the REAR brake line is simply a Tee fitting to split the line to the left and ride side.
Stock or aftermarket proportioning valve?
Can't remember if you also converted to dual master cylinder. And if the M/C is/was for manual or disk brakes.

Contact http://www.piratejack.net/, the end-user division of MBM and they'll gladly give you any tech support you need if you have any further questions. I don't know if you can plug one of the rear ports and simply run a single line to the TEE block on the rear axle or not.
That is the funkiest PV I have ever seen.
aom4id.jpg

Last edited:
I doubt that setup is factory for 1965 since those had a single reservoir MC, so wouldn't have the imbalance switch shown. The prop valve has been much discussed on the A body forum, so search there. As I recall, the earliest dual reservoir MC cars w/ front disk brakes (1967-68?) had a separate proportioning valve in the rear brake tubing, downstream from the "distribution block". When they later combined them, the name became "combination valve". Later ones also have a "metering valve" on the front circuit to delay the application of disks until the rear shoes have time to contact the drums.

Well, I finally found a pic of the correct port plumbing and according to Pirate Jack his setup won't work. This pic is directly from
a Chrysler manual and is for all years and models that used props with front disk/rear drums power or not. Works great and I
eliminated the hold off valve to the rear brake cylinders. Keep this as a reference because it was a bear to find.propvalveplumbing.jpg

propvalveplumbing.jpg

Back