Meat Load Dead at 74

1978 NYB

Warfighter
Legendary Member
Reaction score
Dang.....

The lead singer of Meatloaf, Marvin Lee Aday, 74, has died. No cause of death has been revealed but I believe he battled Diabetes for a long time.
Screenshot_20220121-061637_Fox News.jpg

Last edited:
Loved his music ... distinctive voice no doubt. On my playlists and turned up loud!

Aside: Bigger in music than film but he was another memorable character though in a movie I still catch whenever its on cable. RIP "Bob"

UntitledEE!AAA.png

Every time I drive the old Mopars at night, the song "paradise by the dashboard light" comes to mind. So as long as I drive a Mopar, Meat Loaf and his songs will remain unforgettable to me...

I was lucky enough to see him live in Cologne a few years ago. One of the best concerts ever!

R.I.P.

Actually, Alice Cooper was the name of the band. Vincent Furnier changed his name to Alice Cooper when the band broke up.
Not to split hairs, John, but he was credited as Alice Cooper on the band albums. I believe he changed his name when they changed their name from The Nazz to Alice Cooper. Either way, remember The Coop and RIP Meatloaf.

Not to split hairs, John, but he was credited as Alice Cooper on the band albums. I believe he changed his name when they changed their name from The Nazz to Alice Cooper. Either way, remember The Coop and RIP Meatloaf.
I was never a big enough fan of Alice Cooper to buy an album, so I have no idea what is printed there. For some odd reason, I did know that the band was named Alice Cooper and not him, at first. Probably some late night talk show stuff or who knows. It may actually have been something that James Randi said about working with him. I do actually like the guy, a blue collar type that made it good and survived his rock star days.

I did find in his Wikipedia page this:

"Originating in Phoenix, Arizona, in 1964, "Alice Cooper" was originally a band with roots extending back to a band called The Earwigs 1964, consisting of Furnier on vocals and harmonica, Glen Buxton on lead guitar, and Dennis Dunaway on bass guitar and background vocals. By 1966, Michael Bruce on rhythm guitar joined the three and Neal Smith was added on drums in 1967. The five named the band 'Alice Cooper' and released their 1969 debut album with limited chart success. The band reached their commercial peak in 1973 with their sixth studio album, Billion Dollar Babies.[5] They broke up in 1975 and Furnier adopted the band's name as both his legal name and his stage name, beginning his solo career with the 1975 concept album Welcome to My Nightmare."

So, is Wikipedia right or wrong? Don't know...

I was never a big enough fan of Alice Cooper to buy an album, so I have no idea what is printed there. For some odd reason, I did know that the band was named Alice Cooper and not him, at first. Probably some late night talk show stuff or who knows. It may actually have been something that James Randi said about working with him. I do actually like the guy, a blue collar type that made it good and survived his rock star days.

I did find in his Wikipedia page this:

"Originating in Phoenix, Arizona, in 1964, "Alice Cooper" was originally a band with roots extending back to a band called The Earwigs 1964, consisting of Furnier on vocals and harmonica, Glen Buxton on lead guitar, and Dennis Dunaway on bass guitar and background vocals. By 1966, Michael Bruce on rhythm guitar joined the three and Neal Smith was added on drums in 1967. The five named the band 'Alice Cooper' and released their 1969 debut album with limited chart success. The band reached their commercial peak in 1973 with their sixth studio album, Billion Dollar Babies.[5] They broke up in 1975 and Furnier adopted the band's name as both his legal name and his stage name, beginning his solo career with the 1975 concept album Welcome to My Nightmare."

So, is Wikipedia right or wrong? Don't know...
Alice Cooper is also a scratch golfer (read really good).

Back