Meet Buttercup, a 1972 New Yorker Brougham 2-door Hardtop

:) And those engine bolts, too. :poke: Time for aluminum foil and posterboard.
1707360614455.png

I rarely complain about much around here, but as a FCBO Gold member I am still using the same camera as I did a few years ago. I expect to be able to post photos taken from years ago. My last posting was 1/25/24 w/ no problems. This greatly effects how to share content.

@david hill
Did you really use the word 'content'??? I can imagine you saying it, but not typing it. :rofl:

Next to do was address the leak prone patched up exhaust. The cure was to install a dual exhaust kit from Waldron w/ Imperial mufflers. As you can see the present exhaust Had been patched up many times

DSC01177.JPG

DSC01178.JPG

DSC01179.JPG

DSC01180.JPG

Here are the new replacement parts. Shown are the left and right 1 piece manifold to muffler pipes. Left side was spot on. the right had to be massaged a little. It appears the correct exhaust hangers need are the same as my Hurst 300. Universal hangers were employed currently. see last 4 photos

20231104_165235.jpg

Last edited:
Here are the new replacement parts. Shown are the left and right 1 piece manifold to muffler pipes. Left side was spot on. the right had to be massaged a little. It appears the correct exhaust hangers need are the same as my Hurst 300. Universal hangers were employed currently. see last 4 photos

View attachment 656317
what mufflers r u useing can i recommend flowmaster 40? mine aftr we goy i rod ready before i rebuilt the 440

My Barracuda exhaust came from there. The Formula S uses a big single rather than duals and they make a really nice reproduction.
Thank you both. If memory serves, I bought all the ones that @marty mopar and Len Dawson had for other cars. @saforwardlook has also recommended Accurate Exhaust, and so if I cannot find a NOS part then that's what I will order.

ready for ordering 20240419.png

Hanger, C-Body, '67-73, Right Side (ACC-753).png

Hanger, C body, '67-73 (left side) ACC-757-Z.png

Last edited:
@ayilar Hilltop has one for $175 (...)

Why waste money on NOS unless you're going to enter your car in a 100-point competition? They'll be full of road grime after a week of driving. I'd be fine with the re-pops from Accurate Ltd.
I agree, and Buttercup is supposed to be a good-looking reliable driver, not a garage queen. @marty mopar and Len Dawson were much more reasonable than the price you quoted, which is why I bought all that they had.

Most of the places selling NOS items typically ask big money for parts they sell.
Thought you mentioned you were looking for an NOS hanger. Thats why I was trying to help you out with the link.
Since you already bought up everything, send a set to @david hill to install on your car.

Most of the places selling NOS items typically ask big money for parts they sell.
Thought you mentioned you were looking for an NOS hanger. Thats why I was trying to help you out with the link.
Since you already bought up everything, send a set to @david hill to install on your car.
Thanks for the link Tim. Universal hangers don't fit well w/ our 69-73 Chrysler models. The exhaust from Waldrons fits pretty well. Universal hangers were found everywhere w/ this hacked exhaust system I removed. There are some very tight clearances over the rear axle and rear bumper. Just trying to do a better job w/ fitment. The previous exhaust hung lower as it was installed. The new Waldron system fits up underneath nice and close like the OEM did.

Last edited:
Well, I checked and apparently I have used on other cars (all Dodge) all four 2823929 or 3466646 over-the-axle exhaust hangers that I had bought from @marty mopar. Not finding any NOS so I ordered two repops from Accurate Exhaust this morning -- thanks again to @sixpkrt, @david hill, and @saforwardlook for their help!

I also ordered two NOS tail pipe hangers P/N 3744535. This part supersedes P/N 3404844 which I had bought for Medina, my 1971 Monaco about 3 years ago (PN 374-4535 is for all 1970-1973 C-bodies, whereas PN 340-4844 is for 1970-1971). Attached below are photos by the seller of the two 3744535 that I bought on eBay (he had four):

s-l1600.jpg

s-l16003.jpg

s-l16002.jpg

Edit: thanks to @71Polara383 for sending me a photo of the one I still have at his shop.

Resized_Resized_20240420_163109_1713648684845_1713648686866.jpeg

Last edited:
Back