Microsoft Security Essentials, Blocking Access to Your Own Files

1970FuryConv

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
6-14-19 Windows 7 User Warning

· June 12, 2019, I started my computer, but found that I had been logged off and put on a temporary profile where I could not act access my files. The message recommended that I contact my system administrator. The temporary profile has a blue background with white clouds on it.

· Control Panel, Security, Restore system to earlier version: I clicked the restore option. Critical update was installed June 12. I restored my system to June 9, 2019 when it was working properly.

· I used Control Panel, Security, Automatic Updates to access automatic updates and click Never. I did this because Microsoft is going to stop support of Windows 7 on January 14, 2020 anyway.

· June 14: My system downloaded the critical update again, despite my blocking automatic updates. The same thing happened. I was logged on to a blue screen with clouds in the background and the same message about a temporary profile, no access to my files, and contact system administrator.

· I again restored system to June 9, 2019, and I again turned off automatic updates. From Internet research, I learned that Microsoft Security Essentials will download critical updates regardless of what setting automatic updates has. The only way to stop this is to delete Microsoft Security Essentials.

· Control Panel, Security, Automatic Updates: in upper left corner click uninstall program. Select & Uninstall Microsoft Security Essentials.

· Avast Anti-Virus: download & activate from passive to active status. Restart computer.

If you are like me and can't access your files, this may be the only way around the problem. Thank you and **** you Microsoft.

6-14-19 Windows 7 User Warning

· June 12, 2019, I started my computer, but found that I had been logged off and put on a temporary profile where I could not act access my files. The message recommended that I contact my system administrator. The temporary profile has a blue background with white clouds on it.

· Control Panel, Security, Restore system to earlier version: I clicked the restore option. Critical update was installed June 12. I restored my system to June 9, 2019 when it was working properly.

· I used Control Panel, Security, Automatic Updates to access automatic updates and click Never. I did this because Microsoft is going to stop support of Windows 7 on January 14, 2020 anyway.

· June 14: My system downloaded the critical update again, despite my blocking automatic updates. The same thing happened. I was logged on to a blue screen with clouds in the background and the same message about a temporary profile, no access to my files, and contact system administrator.

· I again restored system to June 9, 2019, and I again turned off automatic updates. From Internet research, I learned that Microsoft Security Essentials will download critical updates regardless of what setting automatic updates has. The only way to stop this is to delete Microsoft Security Essentials.

· Control Panel, Security, Automatic Updates: in upper left corner click uninstall program. Select & Uninstall Microsoft Security Essentials.

· Avast Anti-Virus: download & activate from passive to active status. Restart computer.

If you are like me and can't access your files, this may be the only way around the problem. Thank you and **** you Microsoft.

When Win7 updates, sometimes it will decide that an existing program on your system is no longer compatible with the operating system. Usually these were older programs that ran fine on Winxp or Vista. I ran into the same issue with an older gaming program, fortunately it was not something I really needed.

Dave

It's been a while since dealing with WIN7 but they also were pretty brutal in trying to apply the application licensing laws for anything to do with MS products.

the revocation of certificates at the time was brutal in that if the vendor of a perfectly legit application refused to pay MS for a certificate of authenticity(COA) so it would run on WIN7 they would pull a stunt like you have experienced and deny you the ability to run or install the application.

I think personally that they landed themselves in a boatload of trouble and now let the applications run whether or not it's a legit copy or pirated.

Win 7 is no longer supported by MS. An upgrade will likely solve your problem provided you have a legit copy of WIN7.

sRvTBp9_d.jpg
I have 3 hard drives, i think it's a 120 gb ssd for Windows only (c-drive), only have the SSD for quick boot ups. 500 gb for personal files(e-drive). and 80gb for program files(f-drive). RAM drive (h-drive) for the cache files for the web browers And a 1tb external hd for backups. Getting all the programs not to install in c-drive was a P. I. T. A. I know if something get all screwy it will be c-drive and i will still have access to my other drives when c-drive takes a dump. Whenever i get around to upgrading to win 10, if it doesn't take, it will be a clean install no matter what. I'm sort of looking forward to it

Last edited:
Anyone running Micro$uck IS RUNNING A VIRUS CALLED WINDOWS! GET A UNIX SYSTEM! You can go buy a Chromebook for less than $200 if you're on a budget and don't want to be bothered learning what GNU, Linux, BSD, UNIX and such are. Even proprietary **** like MacOSX is based on Berkeley Software Distribution, which is a direct descendant of AT&T's original UNIX.

*NIX systems very SELDOM get any "virus" or malware. Micro$uck is LOADED with them BECAUSE ITS A BUSINESS.

My home networks have been 100% Micro$uck Free for over 20 years, and I COMPLETELY CONTROL MY HARDWARE, excepting only Android phones. Android runs a Linux kernel, but thanks to Google and the teleCON corps, proprietary code isn't available for public scrutiny, so it too gets infected by malware and crap.

ANY computer code which runs on your property without your KNOWING or ABILITY TO CONTROL IT is dangerous stuff folks.

This is why I don't trust EFI engines, or any automobile running any GPS locator system installed by the manufacturers.

Free yourselves folks!

THANKS EVERYONE FOR YOUR SUGGESTIONS
Which Win 7 are you running, home or pro?
HOME PREMIUM
I have Windows 7 and get updates with no issues. Maybe you have a virus...
AVAST KEEPS DOING VIRUS SCANS AND SAYING THE COMPUTER IS CLEAN
Win 7 is no longer supported by MS. An upgrade will likely solve your problem provided you have a legit copy of WIN7.
HAVE HOTSPOT INTERNET THRU PHONE. SPEED IS SLOW. NO CABLE TV IN MY AREA. NO VERIZON FIOS PHONE LINES. SATELLITE INTERNET COSTS $60/MONTH. CAN'T AFFORD.

TRIED TO DOWNLOAD WINDOWS 10, 3 TIMES. 1ST 2 TIMES, DOWNLOAD FAILED. 3RD TIME, "COMPLETED", BUT COMPUTER DID NOT WORK RIGHT. SLOW AND MOST PROGRAMS DIDN'T WORK. THIS WAS WITH WINDOWS 7 DELETED. TOOK REVERT TO WINDOWS 7 OPTION AND HAD NO MORE TROUBLE UNTIL NOW. I MAY HAVE TO PAY FOR THE WINDOWS 10 CD, ALTHOUGH THAT SUCKS BECAUSE I LIKE WINDOWS 7. HATE WINDOWS 8. AT LEAST I WON'T HAVE TO PURCHASE THAT.

Anyone running Micro$uck IS RUNNING A VIRUS CALLED WINDOWS! GET A UNIX SYSTEM! You can go buy a Chromebook for less than $200 if you're on a budget and don't want to be bothered learning what GNU, Linux, BSD, UNIX and such are. Even proprietary **** like MacOSX is based on Berkeley Software Distribution, which is a direct descendant of AT&T's original UNIX.

*NIX systems very SELDOM get any "virus" or malware. Micro$uck is LOADED with them BECAUSE ITS A BUSINESS.

My home networks have been 100% Micro$uck Free for over 20 years, and I COMPLETELY CONTROL MY HARDWARE, excepting only Android phones. Android runs a Linux kernel, but thanks to Google and the teleCON corps, proprietary code isn't available for public scrutiny, so it too gets infected by malware and crap.

ANY computer code which runs on your property without your KNOWING or ABILITY TO CONTROL IT is dangerous stuff folks.

This is why I don't trust EFI engines, or any automobile running any GPS locator system installed by the manufacturers.

Free yourselves folks!

I'm going to be trying Linux Deepin desktop when win 7 is dropped in January

Last edited:
6-15-19

· Same Problem, but no critical update downloaded, restore to 6/5/19, uninstall MSE, Avast activate,

· Enter https:/citrix/vscpa.com at Citrix user account pop-up. Have work from home.

· Avast: no virus on computer

· Vacuum: remove side panel, one screw, vacuum out dust. Reinstall panel and reconnect devices.

6-16-19 So far, acting normal

stock-vector-vector-cartoon-fingers-crossed-195176573.jpg

Back