Might be a doozy.

Ignore the haters, i to am building a 67 FURY VIP fast top into a gasser, i bought the speedway straight axle kit for the front and just a set of air shocks in the rear, now im still only fabbing at the moment but it will be mini tubbed to tuck at least a 12" rear tire inside the quarters and parallel leaf springs up front with the straight axle. I kinda wanted to keep the 60s theme alive even though its a C body you never see them built into anything but a driver so and plus i absolutely love the fast top c bodies mine will be a 426ci small block with a 4 speed and tunnel ram of course gutted interior and aluminum sheeting with all windows tinted going back to the original tanish yellow paint (if i ever get that far) and I'm not to far from you being over in Ellsworth Wisconsin so if you have any more newports for sale parts cars i wanna do a sedan next
Thanks..

I dont think a spacer would lift the car.
It's the lower control arm and torsion bar that would lift.
You can screw the torsion bar adjusting bolt all the way in and get the front up quite a bit. Or get heavier bars and maybe lift a little more.
In my opinion it's not a fantastic idea. At the very least an alignment should be done.
And a second alignment when the car gets lowered back down.
why dont you air bag it. drive at normal ride height for safety reasons then **** with the bags to get your jollies.
If your wanting the front end up higher than the rear my advice would be a straight axle with leaf springs.
Thanks.

Thanks.
I assume you have a stock of "used" blow up dolls that I could stuff around the shocks, that's if there not leaking air. Tee hee. Actually the 66's I drive in parades, local car shows, and the occasional cruise. No 1/4 racing or long distance. The chop top has limited view and at least 5 of my 66 newports are let's say, "obnoxious and not cop friendly".

66 Newport....? Gasser.....? Show stopper?..... Somebody is in fantasy land.:realcrazy::BangHead::rolleyes:

Move along, nothing to see here....!
Operation high and mighty. Came back from from a farm yard auction. I purchased a complete mopar 60s entire front axle and steering with leaf springs. My measurements are adding up.....tell the fantasy island "tattoo" midget thr front bumper will actually be taller then him...

i would think a dodge p/u d100 say 61 through 71 beam axle with the pair of leaf springs would lighten the nose and give your , machine the gasser look with the same wheel pattern as you have now . it would drive way better than jacking the bars up and spacing the upper ball joints .

EXCELLENT....IT IS A 68...TOOK A FEW DAYS TO RESEARCH IT. SPRINGS ARE A TAD BIT QUESTIONABLE.

I have a Ford Econoline straight axel on mine since the late sixties. It is not hard to get the leaf springs to work. You can add or subtract leafs and have the arc changed as well.

Back