FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
Contact seller
1974 Dodge pick up
00i0i_iFxxKDsvzV5_600x450.jpg
01616_ldm34GFCNyA_600x450.jpg
00u0u_hQtKaK3CVze_600x450.jpg
00404_7enlABk4UUd_600x450.jpg

1974 Dodge pick up truck, 360 V8, never hit, some rust. The man that was doing the work, did find out what the problem was faulty/poor connection in the electric switch) and an old coil. The coil has since been replaced but the ignition still needs to be wired in. I am not a mechanic but was told that it would not be difficult for someone that knows how to do it (I don't). I am not looking to trade ... need the money more. Ad will be removed within an hour of the truck being sold.

I would love to sell off the old bowtie and replace with this "beater truck"... eventually I might even convince @monaco75 to make her pretty again :rolleyes:... he does good work and likes the color. Unfortunately, I have too many irons in the fire to even consider it as a reality... I may lose sleep over this one though.:)

I say go for it! lol

Whenever we meet up, I'll have to let you drive the d300. Let the bug set in a little.

Honestly, I might be converting towards the trucks a bit more, then the cars... they are so much easier to restore/work on. Also pretty fun too.

I went over to my buddies place last night. He's got a first gen parts truck with the holy grail sitting under the hood.... Might have to leave a deposit the next couple paychecks.

Too far but holy crap if that was anywhere within 2 hours of me .. i wouldn't be able to stop myself.

If anyone here does go for it, I have a line on a rust free club cab for it. Drip rails look spotless on it!

Come on Jeff, this is a calling lol

That was my first truck, a '74 club cab, 8' bed but a D100 model. I'm not sure but I think it had some sort of a HD pkg on it, I bought it in 1980 with thirty some thousand on it. I still have a set of rims and polyglas tires from it out in the garage. I don't know why I kept them all these yrs, they are still new looking.
Best damn truck I ever owned, it never let me down

I went over to my buddies place last night. He's got a first gen parts truck with the holy grail sitting under the hood....
A HEMI??? :poke:
Come on Jeff, this is a calling lol
Golly... you just don't want to make this easier on me... I want to jump on this so bad.

:BangHead: right now, I have an oil pump and bearings to slip into the bowtie WT2500 to patch up a hot oil pressure issue... my first investment since the $40 fuel pressure regulator I bought when I got her. That will put my total investment close to the price of this one which I would enjoy so much more. I'm thinking the Dodge hasn't got a straight panel on her, but neither does the bowtie.

Unfortunately the driveway can hold only one of them. I have a parts car for the parts car to pick up and a car trailer to get ready for a little road trip... needed tires 7 years ago... I wonder if they got better?:) If it sits and waits for me... I'll drive it to your place for the parts run, but I'm not holding my breath.

Perfect cab :lol: you just aren't grasping how bad I can be to an open bed truck:thankyou:

A HEMI??? :poke:

Golly... you just don't want to make this easier on me... I want to jump on this so bad.

:BangHead: right now, I have an oil pump and bearings to slip into the bowtie WT2500 to patch up a hot oil pressure issue... my first investment since the $40 fuel pressure regulator I bought when I got her. That will put my total investment close to the price of this one which I would enjoy so much more. I'm thinking the Dodge hasn't got a straight panel on her, but neither does the bowtie.

Unfortunately the driveway can hold only one of them. I have a parts car for the parts car to pick up and a car trailer to get ready for a little road trip... needed tires 7 years ago... I wonder if they got better?:) If it sits and waits for me... I'll drive it to your place for the parts run, but I'm not holding my breath.

Perfect cab :lol: you just aren't grasping how bad I can be to an open bed truck:thankyou:

No, no hemi lol.

I say sell the bow tie, and pick this up. As you say, think you'd be much happier with this one lol.

I'd would match the formals much better!

Parts truck I'm looking at is a 93. As I've been told though, the club cab stayed the same the whole run. It does look identical to our 78. I know the drip rails, and outer metal are clean! Even if the floors have a little rot, I'd rather deal with that then the others.

If I could find a home for the cab, it would make pulling the trigger a little easier.

Rarely do you see a bed as solid as this one on an unrestored truck this old.

View attachment 137246
Rarely... :poke:

That bed is clean! He even kept the pine needles out. That's what Killed ours.

No, no hemi lol.

I say sell the bow tie, and pick this up. As you say, think you'd be much happier with this one lol.

I'd would match the formals much better!

Parts truck I'm looking at is a 93. As I've been told though, the club cab stayed the same the whole run. It does look identical to our 78. I know the drip rails, and outer metal are clean! Even if the floors have a little rot, I'd rather deal with that then the others.

If I could find a home for the cab, it would make pulling the trigger a little easier.

That bed is clean! He even kept the pine needles out. That's what Killed ours.
For sale... 98 C2500 W/T POS... prebeaten and untested.... any takers?:rofl:

For sale... 98 C2500 W/T POS... prebeaten and untested.... any takers?:rofl:

post it up on CL Jeff. You will gain a huge amount of envy and respect here by purchasing the Dodge.
It and the first place at Carlisle will push you up on the "you suck" list too.

Forget it.

This posting has been deleted by its author.
Good, now I can sleep at night.
post it up on CL Jeff. You will gain a huge amount of envy and respect here by purchasing the Dodge.
It and the first place at Carlisle will push you up on the "you suck" list too.
Thanks Will. I'd have grabbed it to please myself, if I could have... I have enough reasons for folks to either think I've got it made or I'm a goofball, I suppose both have some truth.:rolleyes:

I may have peaked as far as the "you suck" list is concerned, but I could be content with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back