For Sale MoPar/Mustang Covertible !!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
facepalm.jpg

That's gonna be a tough one to sell. Ford guys aren't gonna go for it... Mopar guys aren't gonna either. Nice car though...

A definite improvement, although the Ford crowd might not agree.

At first i thought is was an assbackwards craigslist ad. But to my surprise its really a mopar mustang. I kinda like the concept actually. Its really a nice looking mustang vert, and its heart is a 340 mopar. What can you say except its,

"built Ford tough with Chrysler Stuff"

So two cars are ruined. The Mustang and the A body the 340 likely came out of
You dont know that for certain. The guy coulda gotten that 340 anywhere. Back in the 80s at my local boneyard you couldent swing a dead cat without hitting a muscle car of some sort.

The mustang could have been something he was rebuilding and didnt have a drivetrain for, but had this here 340 in the corner. I actually think its kinda neat.

That's why I said likely. I'd bet cash it's out of a duster...

Given your reasoning then he could have gotten good coin for a 340 and bought four 351s or 302s ... many will scoff at it now

Last edited:
I looked up the selling prices on that car and it seems to me that it's about $5-10K below what it should sell for... if it didn't have the Mopar engine. Of course, that is provided the car looks as nice as the pics.

Well the car is retarded, but I suppose all could be set right again. "Ford drivetrain included"

He should have said the car was originally yellow and driven by the hooker in Harry and Tonto...

i303009.jpg

Sorry, just watched the movie on This. (It's for po-folk who can't afford cable TV)

That's why I said likely. I'd bet case it's out of a duster...

Given your reasoning then he could have gotten good coin for a 340 and bought four 351s or 302s ... many will scoff at it now

My buddies kid found about a dozen mopar V8s and trannies on a piece of property out in the boonies in a dirt floor shed. Along with a mid 70s newrport wagon, and a pretty solid rust free 70 318 duster, with a Go Wing sitting on a shelf in the shed.

They payed him to clean the property up. In this day and age google makes everybody an expert. All automatic trannys, mostly 318s, a couple big blocks, and one 71 340. He wasnt interested in selling individual engines and trannys wanted it gone as one lot, found a guy in montana who bought the car and all the engines and transmissions for $3500

C body was filled up with scrap steel on the property and hauled to the scrap yard. I told him i coulda used the front discs off it for a second A body project.

Heck aa far as 340s go, i found one at my local boneyard inbetween the framerails of an early 80s dodge pickup. Intake and heads were gone. Cylinders filled with rust. A shame i didnt see it sooner or i woulda nabbed it.

My long winded point is that they are out there, if you really want one. I have seen guys LS motor mopars too. A simple K frame swap, and put a mopar engine back in. No harm done.

Last edited:
Don't make it sound like they're laying around like **** in a barnyard, because they're not.
A 340 commands a pretty penny even as a boat anchor.
If your buddies kid found a 71 340 sitting on a dirt floor for free he should have bought a lottery ticket too that day.

Don't make it sound like they're laying around like **** in a barnyard, because they're not.
If your buddies kid found a 71 340 sitting on a dirt floor for free he should have bought a lottery ticket too that day.
I am not saying that 340s are everywhere, however they were fairly plentiful in the 80s, and can still be found. That mustang isnt hurt, and can be easily returned to stock configuration, so its really not a big deal. Additionally some early LA318 blocks have thicker cylinder walls and can safely take a 4" large bore to make them into 340s, even if the casting on the block side only says 318.

I'm not a purist by any stretch of the imagination. I use what works. If i was, my 67 barracuda would still be a bench seat 3 on the tree slant sux car with 9" manual drum brakes, and pizza cutter rims.

340s are overrated in this day and age. Your better off with a 360 bored and stroked to 408 or 410 inch these days. Easier to find.

A friend in Florida has a complete 340, HP manifolds, carb, air filter to pan with the original 727. 68 or 69 engine.
Told me to bring $1500.00 and come get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back