MoPar Nats 2021

From what I saw at The Nats and the pictures I saw from Carlisle (back then), the customer demographics were a bit different. Or perhaps I was a bit more forgiving in my younger years, just amazed that something as The Nats DID exist? With a few mentors ro guide me, who'd been there before and my own gumption, I learned how things operated and had fun.

Obviously, too, as the number of Carlisle events has grown, lessons have been learned and acted upon for a better customer experience. There were also some hiccups in some of the things that were done at The Nats, over the years, but we generally considered them "normal" for an event as large as it was and continued to enjoy it each year. Personally, I was there for the cars, the parts, the people, and just being around massive amounts of Chrysler enthusiasts who all seemed to be happy to be there.

Is The Nats for everybody? Probably not. Is Carlisle for everybody? Maybe not. To me, both events serve their purpose and have many loyal attendees each year. BTAIM

MIght I go to Carlisle one year? At this time in my life, that possibility fades a bit more each year. If I did return to The Nats, it will be a "last home-comming" of sorts. But with my existing knowledge and decreasing needs to look at vendor parts and such, lots of things I can get online, so "Why go?"

ONE observed thing about The Nats, back then I was much more in-shape and could walk the whole complex each day, if need be. Which generally means "younger and in-condition" to do those things. Not quite there, just yet, on that second item!

Enjoy!
CBODY67

We had a beautiful day on Saturday after a very hot and sticky start. Thanks again Dave @70bigblockdodge for saving me and Goldie a spot, it was a full house this year. Here are some of the big girls.

IMG_9893.JPG
IMG_9894.JPG
IMG_9901.JPG
IMG_9905.JPG
IMG_9906.JPG
IMG_9911.JPG
IMG_9917.JPG
IMG_9921.JPG
IMG_9927.JPG
IMG_9930.JPG

This is the most full I have seen the Nats in a few years. Lot of show car trailers parked in what was fun/show field, that should be addressed. Also someone needs to buy the Northeast Dukes a new watch. Hanging the crowd out for a hour in the sun is not cool.

I got a chance to talk to the gentleman who owned this 66 Monaco 500. He ordered one brand new and always loved the car but traded it in for a new car.

He has had this car for 15 years and looked for about 10 years until he found this one. It was almost identical to his original car from the body color and pearl white interior. The only real difference his had a white vinyl top instead of a white painted top.

20210814_135322.jpg
20210814_135208.jpg
20210814_135331.jpg

It was great seeing the handful of you guys that stopped by to say hi this year especially after missing last year. As usual I find it hard to get away from the swap meet area to see the rest of the show so thanks for the pics.:thumbsup:

No problem Mike, see you next year. Sorry I did not get back around to see you again Matt.
My old Charger did over 650 miles with mix and match engine parts, a couple of burnouts, knocking down 15.72 mpg, thanks @Dana and my swap meet "crappy" manual overdrive trans.

Last edited:
Well.... Finally home in ....Oklahoma? and I can say it was worth the drive. We spent a night in St Louis, going and coming back, to break up the long drive.
Thanks for the pics! And it was nice to meet you Matt.

Back