Mopar or no car

Arctic Wolf

Reaction score
New here. I don't own a classic Mopar but I'm looking for one, a '69 Polara hardtop or police car, projects preferred. Any leads would be appreciated. I know it's not a C body, and I haven't posted over at FBBO but I'm also looking for a '70 Road Runner hardtop project car with a four speed, if anyone knows of any for sale. In either case, one that is running and driveable but that needs work is preferable.

I have done some research but have yet to determine if the '69 Polara came with a manual tranny (if so, three on the tree, I assume). Anyone have some info on that?

I saw a movie a few days ago called Smile (1975). It wasn't a particularly good movie and I didn't watch the whole thing but there was a scene somewhere about in the middle where the cops get called and the officer pulls up in a '72 - '74 Monaco cruiser. Cool.

:sSig_welcometoourcl I do believe the three speed manual was available in a 69 Polara.

I am sure someone will correct me if I am wrong.

The three on da tree was the standard equipment trans on the 318 2bbl and 383 2bbl Polara and Monaco models in all body styles.
Although most opted for the automatics-including the cops.
Hope this helps.

Welcome from the Motor City.

The three on da tree was the standard equipment trans on the 318 2bbl and 383 2bbl Polara and Monaco models in all body styles.

Because I have never seen one in person I never would remember that. Especially focusing on the 70's and 71's they certainly are "uncommon". But once again cbarge is correct.

Welcome to the forum. A Polara with manual transmission would be well worth having. There must be some out there. Take a look at FBBO for your Road Runner. You might want to join over there, too.

Because I have never seen one in person I never would remember that. Especially focusing on the 70's and 71's they certainly are "uncommon". But once again cbarge is correct.
Thanks
Ever since I got my 318/3 speed Waygun,I have a new found interest in oddball three on the tree cars.
Ever see a 66 Charger with a three on the tree??
Less than 15 were built with the 318 Poly.
Check out the console.
CIMG29291.jpg

Of course here's my 73 Satellite "Waygun"
DSC01959.jpg

DSC02032.jpg

CIMG29291.jpg

CIMG29291.jpg

DSC01959.jpg

DSC01959.jpg

DSC02032.jpg

DSC02032.jpg

Ever see a 66 Charger with a three on the tree??
Less than 15 were built with the 318 Poly.

I was all ready to say sure but if there was less than 15 built probably not but I would have sworn to it.

Back