Moparshop season closer

Thanks for sharing the photos of the cars at the meet over there Carsten. Your 70 Polara and black Imperial are really nice looking cars. As you well know, you will never see that many C bodies in one place anywhere in California even (except my place of course!) I was especially impressed with the photo of the pink-silver 300L, as it is perhaps the first one I have ever seen restored. It looks great. I have one that color and was having difficulty deciding which one of my two I would restore, and after seeing that one, I think my decision is pretty clear now. You guys really take care of your cars!

F-ing Awesome!!!

I am amazed by how nice your cars are... I looked twice and could not find a single out of place hood scoop, few oversized tires and the only one pushing to 22" was this... rear car Bee/RR?
200-jpg.jpg

I guess its different without the $50 used car history... I am a LOT more disappointed in our representation though. I don't suppose there's much use for broken down techs who are too dumb to master a second language over there?

@cantflip: We have a few guys who like oversize wheels. But the general amount is low. It doesn't work well with the german law as a classic car should have original or period correct wheels if it wants road tax reduction. That is why most of them are driven with 14" or 15" wheels in germany. The yellow car was a 69 Super Bee from the netherlands. They don't have the same law so a few more cars get driven with bigger wheels.

@Steve: The 300 is silver. The pink touch is just from the sunlight coming down. The car is mostly unrestored and had a respary but no major restoration.
I don't own a 70 Polara ;o))
But I do like my Frankenstein-Cucamonga ;o))

@Stan: we are not presavators. Most guys really like to drive their cars. So they look often better in pics than in reality. But they get treated with respect from most guys

Carsten

Last edited:
Great pics Carsten, thanks. What about this flood???

Yep, got it! Not enough coffee at that point.

@Stan: we are not presavators. Most guys really like to drive their cars. So they look often better in pics than in reality. But they get treated with respect from most guys
In my opinion I'm coming around to the belief that we, here, have too long isolated ourselves in the belief that out of Patriotism we are the only ones who deserve these cars because (puffs up chest) "we 'mericans made them".
The international community of car lovers are saving us from ourselves.

@cantflip: We have a few guys who like oversize wheels. But the general amount is low. It doesn't work well with the german law as a classic car should have original or period correct wheels if it wants road tax reduction. That is why most of them are driven with 14" or 15" wheels in germany. The yellow car was a 69 Super Bee from the netherlands. They don't have the same law so a few more cars get driven with bigger wheels.

Carsten, thank you for that insight. For me it doesn't lessen one bit that I like 15" wheels. I am appalled that the wonderful cars there are enjoyed and driven and so many here are trailered and modified in so many unappealing ways. I think I might rather cruise and hang out with you fellas.

driving to shows on the own wheels is usual overhere.
At this show not one car got trailered to the event.

At the german Mopar Nats with 350 cars about 5 would have been trailered. Those are drag strip cars which are barly roadworthy.

Carsten

Thanks for the photos, incredible amount of C bodies, all in one place.

Great photo's thanks for posting, nice to see everybody enjoying themselves. Car season just getting started here as well.

Thanks for sharing, Carsten!

I'm really looking forward to see pictures from your forthcoming Fusie-meeting. :thumbsup:

I despise traveling. So much so that leaving the county causes anxiety. But someday I would like to see Germany.

Back