My 1965 Plymouth Fury 3

Yeah, that's my car getting towed to my house, hahah. I had to rescue it, and first gear was slipping, and I live up a huge hill, so.... I'll put up some more pics shortly. Doing full suspension and disc brake upgrade, starting today... (already got the grill off and radiator out).

Here is a pic of mine how it is. I haven't had the chance to even unload it yet since I am working on someone else's stuff right now. Next weekend the garage should be clearing out and I will be able to get it going. Need to do some fuel system work and brake work and go for a test drive. I look forward to hearing how yours comes along. Don't see many 65's around anymore. 2014-02-09 10.54.41.jpg

2014-02-09 10.54.41.jpg

I love that stance! What size wheels are you running? if possible can you send me the specs on them?

Yes I would like to know as well the wheel and tire size with backspace please be specific others may want to follow your lead I tried that look on my Fury a few years back and am going back to it soon.

You want to know mine or the OP wheel size?

These are 235-40 on a 17x7 rim front 275-45 on a 18x9.5 rim rear. I like the look but it needs a little more sidewall on the tires, the rear wheels are only placed in there cause the car tubbed with a narrowed Dana 60.

here is a good pic of how big my tires are really. 205 65 15 and 345-65 15 on 10" wheels

Last edited:
AcreageAircooled, that looks incredible. I friggin love it. Was your car in MOPAR Muscle mag? Who did the tubs and do you have a build tread on it? I want to do the same to my 66. What do you have done to the motor, trans and so forth. Like to know what you did to it.

image.jpg

image.jpg

My car is for sale ;) lol I really like yours as well, it looks real straight and your tires are a healthy 275's in the rear? . Your side trim is different than any I have seen and I have never seen a 65/66 Fury with rocker molding. is that optional trim or you made it somehow?

Wow, that is cool. My good buddy Danny Foley writes for MOPAR Muscle. We grew up together and have been MOPAR fans since we were kids. He's working on the "Slick Challenger" right now. Car will be done soon and will be moving on to a 66 Dart. He's going to be building the original 6cly but with some heavy modding to make it cook. I talked to Danny about your car a number of times man. I love everything you did to it and have read the article more than once,..LOL. You got a great ride there. Very nice!

I saw your car up on eBay and I was like why!? If I had the cash, I would buy it, but my wife would friggin shot me...LOL. The trim was an option on my car and yep, 275's Nittos on Ramcharger 15x8 steelies with 4" BS.

Wheels are Boss 338 20x10 in back and 18x8 in front. Plus 2 Offset on both.
Tires are Falken 275/35/20 in back and 235/40/18 in front.

Have a great weekend guys!!

66sport, is that a fiberglass front bumper on your car? If so where did you get it?

I wish it was, no the PO painted it and I plan on stripping it back to chrome. Seems the chrome is fine under the paint, but Ive put it off because it's kind of growing on me!! Car will be going to the track soon:). I'm hoping it runs good times.

Let us know how it does. I ran my old 65 with the wore out poly motor for a while. It was great. 10.40's at 65-68 mph in the 1/8th. It was actually fun being the slowest car at the track! LOL.:yaayy:

Let us know how it does. I ran my old 65 with the wore out poly motor for a while. It was great. 10.40's at 65-68 mph in the 1/8th. It was actually fun being the slowest car at the track! LOL.:yaayy:

Cool,.I'm hoping for high 12's to low 13's. We'll see how "BIG GIRL" gets down the track!!

Awesome, I love my '65 Fury. Really meant to be more of a fun driver though rather than a trailer king. Had to cut out the Front passenger floor board and replace it and weld in a new piece of sheet metal; put in a new radiator, ez cool, and carpets. Also have a few more gauges in now and have the panels back up. I have covers on the seats, but would love to get them re-upholstered. Post some more pictures when you've done some updating, would like to see what you do with her.
65 Fury Front Shot.jpg65 Fury Side Shot.jpgCut out passanger FB.jpgPFB PANEL.jpgez cool.jpgRug.jpg

65 Fury Front Shot.jpg

65 Fury Side Shot.jpg

Cut out passanger FB.jpg

PFB PANEL.jpg

ez cool.jpg

Rug.jpg

Last edited:
Thats just it. No major trouble will be had. I am just doing a rough, almost "rat rod" look for now. Better paint (gloss black) job in store later down the road when I don't have little ones constantly ramming their bikes into the side of it lol. Just concentrating on getting it running good for now. But, I have seen plenty of classic cars in Matte finish that I really do like.

I love a well done matte finish. Hell my 64 GMC is satin black. But i think on yours i'd just do the hood in matte black and leave the rest alone for now. i like the way that looks!

P.S. If you need the chrome trim for the front of the hood i do have a spare. Don't have spares for fenders but do hood.

Back