My 1969 Imperial LeBaron

Good for you, you can fit a whole hockey team in the front and lots of room for all the hockey bags and sticks in the trunk.
Nice car, enjoy!

Can someone please explain what MSG is? I'm assuming it doesn't stand for monosodium glutamate.
Interior trim code.....

69_Imperial_msg_900.jpg

Ok, so what are the abbreviations supposed to mean? MS is common on all of them but each one has a different last letter.
I can see that the red, black, white and blue have the appropriate last letter to match the color. But the other colors do not at all. With exception of the Y for the gold, simply because I have seen the Y so often on C's.
Is this a full interior color and only used for the bench seat interiors?
Is this only used on the C body line of cars?

Thanks for the info!! @69CoronetRT

Ok, so what are the abbreviations supposed to mean? MS is common on all of them but each one has a different last letter.
I can see that the red, black, white and blue have the appropriate last letter to match the color. But the other colors do not at all. With exception of the Y for the gold, simply because I have seen the Y so often on C's.
Is this a full interior color and only used for the bench seat interiors?
Is this only used on the C body line of cars?

Thanks for the info!! @69CoronetRT

General concepts on interior trim codes of that era.

First letter gives us a guideline on how fancy or nice the trim:
L = Low|
M= Medium
H = High
D = Deluxe
P= premium

etc. Other codes exists like for taxis or cop cars.

The second number or letter gives us an idea as to type of materials used as well as the seat configuration.

I.e. vinyl bucket seats, cloth and vinyl bucket seats, leather, all cloth, Bench seat, bucket seats, split bench seat.

The third (and fourth for 70 and later) letter(s) indicate the color. G= green, B =blue, T = tan

So MSG = medium (interior) trim level; split bench seat in leather; green in color.

Back