My 1970 Dodge Polara 9 passenger.

I've never had one to do it, but I bet the amplification of motion in the back of a 9 seater doing donuts is fun

I've never had one to do it, but I bet the amplification of motion in the back of a 9 seater doing donuts is fun
If only I could be two places at once!!!

It honestly brought me back to playing in the mud at the Dirty O in Joliet. The sound of the big block through the 3" pipes. Ahhh those were the days.

Out running around getting stuff for the other FQ3 car this week, I stopped for a couple quick photos.

This wagon is my favorite Polara I've ever owned I think.

20240212_152039.jpg

20240212_152059.jpg

First time visiting in a while and stumbled onto this 70 Polara wagon! I love it!
Love it, love it, love it! Great find man! nice job on it so far!

Don't get used to them...I dont like wheel covers very much, but it does take it from "crappy looking" wagon to...thats a "nice looking ride", just from a simple thing like hubcaps. Thats all I wanted to accomplish with them.
I love your wagon the interior is so nice
I’d leave it as is . What’s in your wagon for an engine?

I love your wagon the interior is so nice
I’d leave it as is . What’s in your wagon for an engine?
Originally a 383-2. I had it running as it was originally equipped, but it had bad freeze plugs, so I pulled the engine and refreshed/resealed it. Bottom end is bone stock untouched, HV melling oil pump, summit windage tray/oil pan gasket. I also put a summit 6401 cam in it, scored some 516 heads with 2.08/1.74 valves and 440 source stealth springs off Craigslist. A DP4B intake. Modded 4966S Carter AVS. HP manifolds and 3" TTI head/H pipes with cherry bomb extreme mufflers dumped before the rear tires.

My goal was to make it look like a swap meet or junkyard build. Something like a day 2 build.

Recently, I set up a 3.55 Sure Grip for it myself. I took the chance on a used open 3.55 center section from a member here, but the pinion bearings are shot and it makes a horrible noises on deceleration. I'll be pulling that out and going with the 3.91s I have in another car while I fully rebuild the 3.55 chunk, as I should have from the start. But it absolutely RIPS with the 3.55s. Excited to get the 3.91s in it.

20220925_164909.jpg
20220925_164920.jpg
20220925_164932.jpg

Last edited:
Back