my 1972 fury wagon from the field to daily driver

IMG_5564.jpeg

Well I pulled the gauge cluster today. Pretty crusty nothing worked in it at all.
IMG_5570.jpeg
I dove right into taking it apart
IMG_5572.jpeg
are these condenser for the gauge cluster?

I hate rust so much

IMG_5577.jpeg

Also dove into the heater/Ac wiring. This is gonna be fun I hate crappy reworked wiring. All this just to find out the blower motor is fired
IMG_5616.jpeg

Also dove into the heater/Ac wiring. This is gonna be fun I hate crappy reworked wiring. All this just to find out the blower motor is fired View attachment 624352
Take your time. I’m not sure what the condenser is for. The can above it is the voltage regulator for the gauges. I would recommend replacing it with a solid state regulator. I have replaced one in my 69 Fury.
I bought it from a gent on fleabay.

I might have an entire dash harness that will work for you if interested. I'll check this weekend.

Good luck on the project, that looks like a solid car unlike a lot of the cars around here. Keep us posted!

Have I mentioned yet how much I hate electrical gremlins. spend 3 days trying to find the dome light delay relay. Any way solder on all new bulb sockets for the gauge cluster today
IMG_5842.jpeg
IMG_5844.jpeg

last weekend I also put a new blower motor in that was pain even more annoying is I have take the finder liner back out because the cage started rattling. Took the fender liner to work and sprayed it
IMG_5782.jpeg

lastly my friend got his film back from getting developed. All these photos were when we went to the drive in outside Portland to see Barbie movie opening weekend. It was packed! The wagon idle for an hour and a half on 95 degree day didn’t miss a beat

IMG_5656.jpeg
IMG_5665.jpeg
IMG_5663.jpeg

Back