My 1978 NYB and Newport

1978 NYB

Warfighter
Legendary Member
Reaction score
The time has come where I'm going to have to say goodbye to my Formal's. My health has deteriorated to a point where I need a kidney transplant and heart problems and other stuff. I can no longer work on those cars or take a chance breaking down on me somewhere while driving. One of my Army buddies is going to go through both cars and they will be available soon. He is going to sell them for me. If there is no reasonable interest in the NYB the engine is coming out and going in to a 1971 Challenger R/T convertible and a stock engine will go in the NYB. I know I won't get anywhere near the money that I invested and I don't expect it. There are not $2500 cars. The Newport has 56,000 miles and the NYB had 41,000 when I bought it. I think it has 60 something on it now. Only 100 miles maybe on the new engine. The cars are in the next county at my Army buddy house.
20170822_182253.jpg
23473-7e98e406a4fbc55c2caa5c1a339f58b0.jpg

Very sorry to hear you have to sell some cars Bob, I pray your health gets better. If I do get to Maryland to see family sometime I would like to meet you. Enjoy the Redeye as often as you can.

Very sorry to hear you have to sell some cars Bob, I pray your health gets better. If I do get to Maryland to see family sometime I would like to meet you. Enjoy the Redeye as often as you can.

Thank You!

Even though I won't have a C anymore I'm going to stay on the forum. I enjoy everything on the forum and getting together at Carlisle in July.
Yeah, I'm still able to get in the Redeye and Scat Pack. I can't get into the Ram quite yet. When I was in the hospital for 31 days they kept me in bed. I couldn't even hold my head up, couldn't even sit up on the edge of the bed, and couldn't walk or climb stairs. After 2 months of rehab I can walk 130' with a walker. I'm still having a hell of a time climbing stairs. I put in a ramp to get in the house and put in some support pipes to climb the 3 steps to get in the house. I moved the washer / dryer to the 1st floor. When I say I moved something I mean my contractor friend did the work. I'm also having a custom walkin shower put in next to the washer / dryer. Eventually I'll put in 2 lift chairs to go upstairs and downstairs.

sorry to hear this Bob, glad you will stay on the forum always enjoy your posts and insights (mostly heheh)

Damn Bob.. sorry to hear this. Your health that is! Cars come and go, health is more important obviously… if there’s anything I can do to help, please feel free…

Damn Bob.. sorry to hear this. Your health that is! Cars come and go, health is more important obviously… if there’s anything I can do to help, please feel free…

Thanks my friend.

No sense leaving those cars sit. My health will never recover enough where I'll feel safe enough to drive those cars again. Right now I can safely drive the Redeye and the Scat Pack. Also, right now I can't climb into my Ram. I can lift my foot and set it on the running board but I can't lock my leg and lift my body weight to get in the Ram. I have started home therapy and I'm confident that I'll eventually gain my strength back and be able to get in and drive my Ram. I miss driving my Ram badly.

20180206_140054.jpg

Bob, I’m sorry to hear about your health. Mobility is so often taken for granted! I’m glad you have someone to help you and hope you find a good home for the cars. Good luck with the rehab, hope to see you at Carlisle again!

Sorry that your health is such that you cannot enjoy your C's anymore. Wishing you continued and rapid recovery. I'm glad you'll be staying around nonetheless...be well.

Back