My 65 Fury progress.

A black car in central Florida? Yer gonna bake! Well, technically it's not black so you're probably safe. :D

Seriously, it's beautiful and very inspiring to someone just starting down a similar road. That's always been my favorite Fury body style, love the lines. Just the right size, too, for a powerhouse.

Can't wait to see the finished product.

I like the old skool Gasser stance.

Thanks Stan. I was going to try to crank up the torsion bars, but it looks fine the way it is. It's a throwback to the Fury I drove in high school, minus the jacked up rear end, and 8 track player.

A black car in central Florida? Yer gonna bake! Well, technically it's not black so you're probably safe. :D

Seriously, it's beautiful and very inspiring to someone just starting down a similar road. That's always been my favorite Fury body style, love the lines. Just the right size, too, for a powerhouse.

Can't wait to see the finished product.
Thanks Boomer.Black was my first choice with a black interior, but there's another member on this board who was doing triple black. My wife saw this color at a car show and decided this was our color.
BTW in Florida when it get really hot, I don't go out unless I have to!!!

So while the car was getting the body done, I bought a 440/526 stroker short block to put in it.....right over all that nice shiny new paint.
It was such a good deal I had to do it.
:head_smack:

Guilty as the member with the black 65 Fury. It's been stuck in neutral for over a year.
http://www.forcbodiesonly.com/mopar-forum/showthread.php?8890-65-Sport-Fury

Yup you are the guy. Your car was really nice before it went to paint, I bet it will be great when it's done.
How are your other projects going? Last time I checked up on you, you were doing the Charger interior, and I think a Gen 3 Hemi swap into an old B body. Don't be bashful, show us some pics!
BTW I'd like to meet you and your beautiful wife for coffee some time, maybe a local car show.

Charger Interior http://www.forbbodiesonly.com/moparforum/showthread.php?68208-Interior-restoration
We drive the Charger all over. You can't miss it a car show. The interior will give it away. The clear coat is faded and the paint is hammered. So it has a bit of a rat-rod vibe on the outside.

Just sent the wife's 70 Coronet off to a body shop. We amassed a bunch of parts for grafting a 2005 300 under the Coronet. But after quotes of way to much money. We're going for RMS Suspension front and reat (alterktion/street lynx) for the 6.1, 6 speed powered car.

Back