My 69 300 project/ driver and the things that distract me from it.

Member's Projects & Restorations

1. Rustyrodknocker

Rustyrodknocker Active Member

Definitely need a lift. But that would require moving. Something I can't seem to come to terms with. That or vault the ceiling in my garage and live with it being in there.

2. Rustyrodknocker

• Like Like x 5
  3. Rustyrodknocker

Not much to add lately other than the trans front seal blew last weekend. The converter galled to the seal. I pulled the trans at my inlaws house where it crapped out. I dropped it off on monday night and the shop owner had it ready thursday. Pretty good I thought.
    Today I was getting started by swapping the flexplate in order to go back to an 11inch converter. That is when I noticed to .45 cal bullet holes in the floor!
    They are on either side of the hump about 4 inches from the firewall. Not likely two accidental discharges. Has to be a story there... I know the car has some colored history. The dash is pretty trashed. I thought druggies tried to pull it out there are hacksaw gouges in the metal. Maybe it took some rounds?
    Anyhow, when I seen that, I knew the transmission was not original. It was still on the tailgate of the truck so we crawled out and checked it. Per the 10,000 day calendar it is from 1970. I don't if somebody met there end in that car or what but the original bellhousing was certainly kia.
    20200717_141716.jpg

• Like Like x 1