My 'C' Body

Gavin Jeffrey

Reaction score
Hi guys,
Thought i would share an update on my 68 New Yorker,
I purchased the car here in Australia back in January and drove it 700 km home trouble free.
Since then i have had some minor rust repaired and a full repaint in it's factory color, apart from door jams which are nice.
New sail panel vinyl from SMS
New trunk carpet, new exhaust, full engine bay restoration, pulled engine and trans for full gaskets and detail, all new parts like belts, hoses, etc.
Painted firewall and inner fenders,
Carburettor rebuilt, front suspension rebuilt and detailed.
Replacement rotors and calipers, basically a very detailed cosmetic restoration on a good original car that had faded paint.
This is going to be a driver, but i like everything to be right and as factory correct.
I will post more pictures as i go, it will be running and driving by end of this week.

Gavin,
Ballarat, Australia.

20191214_180148.jpg

IMG_9915.jpg

005.jpg

024.jpg

104.jpg

035 (4).jpg

008.jpg

015.jpg

006.jpg

007.jpg

Wow, great work! Love the wheel covers! You don't see them anymore as those dented up easily.

It turned out amazing, nice work!

Superb car and beautiful work. Congratulations!

This is my favorite color that year, together with turbine bronze. The 1968 four-doors are beautiful and, to my eyes, some key details foresee the 1971 (grille, headlight bezels, taillights -- see the photos below courtesy of this article in Curbside Classic).

Enjoy! :thumbsup:

PS: Interior pics would be great to see.

5-01-2013-009-600x417.jpg

5-01-2013-007-600x426.jpg

It looks like one of the cars that Murray sold a while back. I remember seeing a YouTube video of a Gentleman overseas purchasing it, can’t remember if he was British or Australian. I wonder if it’s the same car. :realcrazy:

It looks like one of the cars that Murray sold a while back. I remember seeing a YouTube video of a Gentleman overseas purchasing it, can’t remember if he was British or Australian. I wonder if it’s the same car. :realcrazy:
Hi,
That was Fletch from Shannon's insurance here in Australia, it was in fact a 67 New Yorker.

How does the power steering pump get tensioned? Mine seems to have no tension and just flops around with the belt. I'll be honest, I haven't looked at it in detail yet, mainly because it's covered in half an inch of build up of 60 years of power steering leaks.

How does the power steering pump get tensioned? Mine seems to have no tension and just flops around with the belt. I'll be honest, I haven't looked at it in detail yet, mainly because it's covered in half an inch of build up of 60 years of power steering leaks.
What car are we talk’en bout?

Back