My long road to the track...keep me moving.

Yes still on hinges and springs, hard to find a 69cuda/73-4 dart one piece fiberglas, thought about converting to a 67-68 flat nose grill shell but never happened.

I never noticed til Recently but 69 are much Nicer with that little bump on the Nose.

This has been a good leap forward, I can actually see a light at the end of the tunnel on this damn bodywork then off to paint which my my brother in law's brother is going to paint it, frees me up to put the engine back together.

I don't think it got out of single digits today so a little inside work. Got the instrument panel apart to clean, repair, put some new paint and inserts. Plan is to put a panel in where radio was, hide butchering, eliminate the heater controls embossing, trim the whole thing in black with a silver carbon fiber where the black and flat silver is. This is the before shot.
IMG_20160213_224215_509.jpg

Last edited:
Glad to see you have time to work on this instead of the truck... sorry the weather didn't cooperate. BTW did you ever find your donor truck?

No but there are plenty of them out there. Best combo would be N14, 13 spd single over with 402 Eaton rears.

I live vicariously thru' you on this one Dave. I came real close to buying a '68 formula S 383 4spd. car back in the '80s. After driving it around Mesa and Phoenix for ah while I'm glad I found enough flawz in it to not buy it. The blind spotz in the B pillerz on those 2nd Generation fast back Backarudaz iz big enough to hide your Pete AND the 48' wagon. BUT YOU WON'T HAVE THAT PROBLEM 'CUZ I KNOW IT'LL NEVER SEE THE STREET ...WILL IT? LOL

Last edited:
Alright, I got some life crap out of my way and have changed course on this a bit. I decided to put a cage in it now before paint, for obvious reasons. I bought a roll cage kit (mild steel) I have been lining it up location in the car per driver seat. Will get some pictures.

Since I bought a lot of resto stuff at Carlisle, been busy installing as time allows
9048.jpeg
10419.jpeg
10417.jpeg
10416.jpeg
10415.jpeg

Not completely, just enough to make it run this year.
Once I get the dash back in then reveal clips and all the glass will be back in.
I have some holes in the firewall to weld up and repaint it engine compartment with the new bars in there and then engine and trans.

Since I bought a lot of resto stuff at Carlisle, been busy installing as time allowsView attachment 302530 View attachment 302531 View attachment 302532 View attachment 302533 View attachment 302534
Not completely, just enough to make it run this year.
Once I get the dash back in then reveal clips and all the glass will be back in.
I have some holes in the firewall to weld up and repaint it engine compartment with the new bars in there and then engine and trans.
So Dave... after all this time... will the cage still be legal?

So Dave... after all this time... will the cage still be legal?
It has only been bought in the last year.
Not that I will need it certified (9.99 or less), the certification is done after it is installed in the vehicle. It needs renewed every few years, mainly looking for fatigue and alterations. The initial is more intensive, Sonic test and measuring. The cage/chasis does not have a timed out life like a harness, helmet, or fire clothes.

Back