My new ‘64 Crown Coupe

Judging from the trailer hitch, did you have that installed in Denmark? That is a type not found or installed in North America, but they are everywhere in Europe.

Your car looks nice with the '70s Chrysler wire wheel covers! Looks like they belong there.

As for the dual master cylinder, they were mandated at the beginning of the 1967 MODEL year, not the 1967 calendar year. So, all new MY1967 and newer vehicles will have the dual-pot master cylinder, per the US DOT FVMSS standards.

Thank you very much for noticing :D.
I built the hitch myself. There is a few more pictures in this post Picture of leaf springs 64 imperial
The "hook" it self is from a SAAB 9-5

Taking a little break from welding on the Director and also taking advantage of some nice weather I decided to move out back and replace the water pump, a couple of belts, a hose, took a look at the thermostat, change the oil and filter, put a proper fan in place of the flex fan and put the radiator back in.:)
D656AF2F-7DA8-4EDA-81FA-6472F7E62F1D.jpeg
36FAF760-EE5C-4B51-B042-5C2C29838F52.jpeg

Also went and removed the fuel sending unit to have a look in a clean and bone dry tank! Sending unit was clean so I just put a new sock on it and put it back together. I think it will run tomorrow.:thumbsup:

I like how you're keeping that dusty desert dirt look under the hood. You just have to love west coast Sheetmetal! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I didn’t end up swapping radiators with the one in my vert as it still wouldn’t have been the correct number being a non ac car. I don’t need to create even more work for myself…:rolleyes:
While playing with this car while it was running I started messing with the radio and antenna and both show signs of life. The motor on the antenna works and it even went up some before hitting a dead spot in the gear and I also heard some faint am radio talking head through at least the front speaker. The headlights work and the cancelling cam for the turn signals is broken so the left turn signal is stuck on. The master window switch is not installed so I haven’t been able to try any windows yet. I’m happy with the way it runs for now so next is brakes.

That makes 3 titles I obtained this year for vehicles that came to me without.

You'll hafta tell us yer secret. . .
Step 1, print the appropriate vehicle inspection form and have the local police over to fill it out.
Step 2, get an appraisal from a licensed appraiser friend.
Step 3, buy a surety bond.
Step 4, take the documents to sos and get a title.

I had a Fury parts car a few years back that was last registered in California. It took amost a year for CA DMV to get the paperwork together AFTER I submitted all the level 3 inspection paperwork from Arizona. It sucked sitting on that car for all that time. You have the patience of a Saint, sir!

Step 1, print the appropriate vehicle inspection form and have the local police over to fill it out.
Step 2, get an appraisal from a licensed appraiser friend.
Step 3, buy a surety bond.
Step 4, take the documents to sos and get a title.
I had a Fury parts car a few years back that was last registered in California. It took amost a year for CA DMV to get the paperwork together AFTER I submitted all the level 3 inspection paperwork from Arizona. It sucked sitting on that car for all that time. You have the patience of a Saint, sir!
This varies state to state... a recent search indicated that Florida is unwilling to issue a bonded title for a car that wasn't last registered in Florida... plus a judge determines the value and the bond is for 2 times that amount... haven't tried it and pretty sure I don't want to. Way to go Matt!

No waiting here in Michigan, you can have a title as fast as you can put all the documents together. Surety bonds for values under $6500 cost a hundred bucks.

No waiting here in Michigan, you can have a title as fast as you can put all the documents together. Surety bonds for values under $6500 cost a hundred bucks.
Paradise... except for the weather... crime rates... well you know.. focus on the small victories. :lol:

Back