My New Bus!

The final tire and wheel selection. Stock 14" wheels with '66 wheelcovers (until I get a nice set of '65) and Hankook blackwall tires.

I've never been a whitewall fan... I'm not really been warm and fuzzy about this combo at the moment. It'll have to stay for the summer.

I don't care for the sidewall on these tires. They are kiind of "busy" if that's the way to describe it. At $77 a tire delivered to my door, they were hard to beat.

Dj64erf.jpg

Some do look better with blackwall. Car color makes a difference. They look good on that one.

These came in the mail today... Straight from Auburn Correctional prison, just a couple miles from where I bought the car.

W7HI8Wc.jpg

Are they no longer embossed...just flat?

8 letters. I think this is vanity plate, most states 7 letters
Regular plates are stamped. Vanity plates are printed and may have 8 characters.

I don't like the new style plate though.

NYS actually does this right... You can order online, make sure it's available and preview the plate. It was supposed to be a 6 week wait, but I had the plates in 3 weeks.

Regular plates are stamped. Vanity plates are printed and may have 8 characters.

I don't like the new style plate though.

NYS actually does this right... You can order online, make sure it's available and preview the plate. It was supposed to be a 6 week wait, but I had the plates in 3 weeks.

Intriguing.

Many states are going with non-embossed for all. They look fake. Out here we still make 'em the old fashioned way, although the "California" is just graphics now and not embossed.

Yes, I like the previous NY yellow and dark blue plate, those were very distinctive.

Excelsior!

Intriguing.

Many states are going with non-embossed for all. They look fake. Out here we still make 'em the old fashioned way, although the "California" is just graphics now and not embossed.

Yes, I like the previous NY yellow and dark blue plate, those were very distinctive.

Excelsior!
One of the last things Cuomo did before his fall from grace was to make a huge deal about the new plates. They used to say "Empire State" and now have "Excelsior".

When you renew your plates, you can choose if you want the new plate (at extra cost) or keep the old plate. No choice with new plates...

One of the last things Cuomo did before his fall from grace was to make a huge deal about the new plates. They used to say "Empire State" and now have "Excelsior".

When you renew your plates, you can choose if you want the new plate (at extra cost) or keep the old plate. No choice with new plates...

Cuomo's cognitive dissonance prevented a factual catchphrase from appearing on the new plates.

Back