My new Chrysler

No heated seats dammit! Maybe they didn't offer them in '95? Interesting story with the car. My client/friend, previous and original owner has only very limited use of his arms and this car was modified immediately after he bought it so that he could drive it on his own. The gas pedal was moved all the way to the left of the brake pedal, the brake pedal was trimmed down and the steering mechanism was mounted where the gas pedal was. He steered the car with a floor mounted wheel with his right foot. The gear selector is disabled and a box with push buttons is mounted where he could also use his right foot to operate the trans. A few other mods were done and I've already removed the floor mounted steering wheel so that I can drive it more safely with the stock wheel. Moving the gas pedal back to its original location is next although I am getting used to it quickly.
the car is very clean and has a very well maintained 134K on it all with no arms so the steering wheel is almost untouched!

I like those purple color ones, and have always liked the LHS, nice cars.......

Good luck with it, cant beat free, especially with a sunroof

I wanted one of those back then.. but didn't have the $$ for a new one so I settled for a new Stratus. Looked at a couple used ones and decided I could make a better deal on a new one. I found a nice black one at a local dealership and I kinda knew a salesman there so I gave him a call. That one got sold just before I called so he asked if I had seen any elsewhere and he'd see if he could get it for me.

I had stopped by another dealer in the evening and saw he had a dark blue Stratus that was equipped the same, just a dark blue. I mentioned that one and he called me back and said he could get me that one for the same price. He said it was "Dark Amethyst".

I went in the following week to pick it up... I was starting down the divorce path and my soon to be ex wife begrudgingly took me to the dealership where the car turned out to be purple in the light.... She called it the "Barney purple" and busted my chops about it regularly after that.

I got about 150K miles out of it. My son got another 25K miles and it got traded to a friend who almost got it to 300K miles.

No heated seats dammit! Maybe they didn't offer them in '95? Interesting story with the car. My client/friend, previous and original owner has only very limited use of his arms and this car was modified immediately after he bought it so that he could drive it on his own. The gas pedal was moved all the way to the left of the brake pedal, the brake pedal was trimmed down and the steering mechanism was mounted where the gas pedal was. He steered the car with a floor mounted wheel with his right foot. The gear selector is disabled and a box with push buttons is mounted where he could also use his right foot to operate the trans. A few other mods were done and I've already removed the floor mounted steering wheel so that I can drive it more safely with the stock wheel. Moving the gas pedal back to its original location is next although I am getting used to it quickly.
the car is very clean and has a very well maintained 134K on it all with no arms so the steering wheel is almost untouched!

I don't think that they had the heated seats back then. I love the ones in my company Impala, the seat back is heated too. I've been known to use it on nice days when my back hurts.

My Sport Fury GT had the bottom of the dash and the gas pedal cut up for the hand controls that a previous owner had.

If you have any problems with the car let me know I have pretty much had my 02 300 apart everywhere except the dash for HVAC system.

Heated seats have been around since the mid 60's I think Cadillac came out with them first.

You can always put after market ones in.

My wife's new Cadillac has seats that are heated and cooled and after driving in it with either one on I don't know how I ever lived without them.
Hell I am seriously thinking of putting them in my 69 Vert :eek:ccasion14:

Pretty easy to add heat to seats cooling is a different story and yes how the hell did I live without them LOL.

OK... I looked it up, Cadillac had the first heated seats in 1966. Saab had the first regular use of them in 1972. I do remember seeing them in Saabs and Volvos for years before seeing them in American cars.

I know my 2001 Caddy didn't have them and that was a very heavily optioned car.

I can't find any reference to the first heated seat in a Mopar.

I'd like to have cooling seats in my 300. A day with the top down in the sun and those seats can get a little toasty.

The last thing I'm thinking about on this car is turning it into a project, I have enough of those. This winter the vert is getting the major attention.

Heck no Matt , no project plug & play ........... short money as well :eek:s_dancing2:

41ZgrYOu8sL.jpg

Gaorui Car 12v Heated Seat Cushion Winter Auto Heating Warmer Pad Hot Cover Heater with 3-way Temperature Controller - Black

by Gaorui E-commerce Co., Ltd

13 customer reviews

Price: $12.26 + $5.68 shipping

In Stock.
Ships from and sold by Gaorui E-commerce.

What and cover up that leather???

My sister just bought a '11 300 with heated and cooled seats and a heated and cooled steering wheel wtf something else I will not be able to live without once I get to try it out. She is smart though and has not let me drive it. Hmmmmm I have already been sending her links to the Kenne Belle website, guess that's why I don't see the key fob to that car.

What and cover up that leather???

Hell yeah cover up the leather , what the heck you cover it up with your butt when your sitting on it and driving !! you may as well have a warm butt instead of a cold butt sitting on "ice cold leather" :poke: Heck get two of them so your beloved passenger will have a warm butt as well !! :icon_thumleft:

My sister just bought a '11 300 with heated and cooled seats and a heated and cooled steering wheel wtf something else I will not be able to live without once I get to try it out. She is smart though and has not let me drive it. Hmmmmm I have already been sending her links to the Kenne Belle website, guess that's why I don't see the key fob to that car.

Theheated steering wheel is the bees knees for sure. One of my favorite things about my Ram.

YO Matt. Pay attention to what Ironwolf iz tellin' yeah and get two of them plug 'n play bun warmerz and be done with it! (Your co-pilot will love you even more then she do) The '99 and '00 300M buckets I had in the Batwagon were all four 6 way power AND HEATED but I took one look at the 22 gang plug under the driverz chair that went straight to one of the many brains in those 300M'z and quickly decided that bun warmerz are not necessary in a summer time ride. Jer

I had a '94 LHS in 1999. It had 80K when I bought it. Only two things were wonky with that car...the climate control dash unit (went out on the second DAY I owned the car!) and the right rear control link (it BROKE one day as I drove the car!). I put about 20K on it, before selling it to my bro-in-law. They drove it for another two years. Exact same colors as your car.

Back