My new pal Elwood

One drawback about about living up here, when nobody stocks the products you need , you have to order from the good ol’USA
Got this Chinese tank and sending unit from Vans ....after trying everything not to have to pull my original
$417 turned into $900 by the time everyone got a piece of me
It’s in and running fine..... only one nasty skinned knuckle

0112BDC9-1863-4696-ACA6-05C2ACDD214A.jpeg

6AD651C9-CCC9-4105-AE5A-7D8F41C61B08.jpeg

23C7F869-0171-42A6-ADCD-D05031DEF11C.jpeg

B0F8C85C-930E-4635-83AD-AC9E4674A8FF.jpeg

I’m so glad mine was solid!

I’m so glad mine was solid!
Mine was in decent shape on the exterior, several weeks ago car started running crappy and quit, changed fuel filter on the side of the road and primed it and got home...wouldn't start in the morning...was able to get drain plug out of tank and flushed until it ran clear, still wouldn't start without a prime...started blaming fuel pump and carb lol, changed pump and went back thru engine shop invoices - they just did carb... still no go...reinstalled pump about half a dozen times...no way possible I didn't get on push rod....finally pulled fuel pump push rod and it was a 1/4" short- voila I solved it put another rod in- ran great. Then a couple weeks later I'm driving a bride and groom around for a wedding and it starves out and quits on the side of the road
That's it tank is coming out I say....and well the sending unit and the interior of the tank looked like it sat on the deck of the titanic for the last 100 years lol

Back