My New Preferred Whitewalls for C Bodies

I had my tire shop order the Next tires, seems up here they are all black wall tires. If you ordered on line, who did you order from?
Thanks

I ordered my tires from America's Tire or Discount Tire at one of their retail outlet stores but on line others have ordered from Tire Rack. But in looking at their site, they only show the Hankook Sinergy ST with a white wall. It too is a very good tire in the absence of being able to find the Nexen brand up there yet. The Hankook has the standard load rating which is why I prefer the Nexen that has a much higher rating, but again, the Sinergy is also a very good tire.

There us another online site that does sell the N-PRIZ Nexen tire though in the 235-75-15 size with a white wall:
Tires | Tire America

They show the tire I obtained but I am not sure they will ship to Canada. They might but not for free as in the U.S. but maybe worth a try.

Last edited:
I can have shipped to my US receiver in Niagara. The problem I have here is the Nexen description shows WW, but arrived black wall.
I was asking about your source because you received WW tires.
When the border opens to me, I think I'll just call up big chain tire store and have them bring tires in, that way I can see them before paying.
Thanks for help.

Everywhere I looked in Southern California in the last couple of months the Hankook Optimo 724 white walls with the 108 load rating are showing backordered. The Nexen N-Priz white wall is only recently available anywhere as far as I am aware which makes me believe they are new to the U.S. market. Their load rating is 109, slightly better than the Hankook H724s. I prefer the Nexen name compared to Hankook on the sidewalls of my American vehicles and also the less busy sidewall design that goes along with the name plus the less low pressure look when inflated to 32 psi.

I like these, I know there not original but mine are American classic 235/75/15 1.6’ WW
With mopar Rallye wheels. :D
46D7013D-A387-4050-9EDC-1FB1F99708F4.jpeg
32957AB9-725F-4ACD-8BD2-5E8C2A73DE7A.jpeg

How much did each American Classic tire cost - my impression is that they are very expensive............................??

There not cheap, around $200 per tire. Wish they cost less but I don’t mind paying alittle more for a quality tire.

Wow, I used to run those up to a couple years ago and they were about $150 then.
Heads up though, I had deep sidewall cracking in the white rubber after about a year. I got Lucas tire (the dealer) to replace a couple but then they quit doing it and blamed me for the cracks. Use very gentle cleaning methods and keep them out of the sun. No tire foam or Armour-all....only 303 or anything without the bad stuff.

IMG_9290.JPG

IMG_9291.JPG

Folks on the Chrysler 300 Club Listserve have often commented about the poor quality of American Classic brand tires. They are apparently made from old molds by a company not in the mainstream. Some, however, have found them adequate but then they also say they don't drive their cars with those tires on them very much.

For me, when I see a fuselage vehicle with wider whites, it seems out of place on a car that new since I grew up in those days at a pretty young age. But usually younger folks think they are just cool. To each his own................ But then the original tires from the factory on at least the earlier fuselage models were actually dual stripe whitewalls but no one makes modern tires with those anymore. So I just usually opt for the narrower single whitewalls. The high cost of the American Classic tires also makes me pause given the negatives.

The tires above were under daily driver conditions, for the record. They cracked after about a year and 10k miles. Non-garaged.
I had similar whitewalls on an '85 Eldorado but in the P215 size and they were fine, from what I recall (15 years ago).
Regardless, these tires rode fine and handled well. I think the cracking was a material failure. It always started in the white rubber, which was about 1/4" thick at the exposed WW section, but then the crack eventually crept into the black rubber below. The sidewalls flexed a lot in this application.

What is the load rating of the American Classic tires? Maybe a combination of low quality materials and low load rating for an Imperials weight.

Wow, I used to run those up to a couple years ago and they were about $150 then.
Heads up though, I had deep sidewall cracking in the white rubber after about a year. I got Lucas tire (the dealer) to replace a couple but then they quit doing it and blamed me for the cracks. Use very gentle cleaning methods and keep them out of the sun. No tire foam or Armour-all....only 303 or anything without the bad stuff.

View attachment 492044

View attachment 492045
Thanks for the heads up, I never use any of those. I keep mine garaged never sees much sun and only occasionally wipe down the white walls with soapy Brillo pads and just use plain water for in between maintence , no issues so far.

I spray Westley's Bleach white on dry tire then use Wet Brillo or SOS pad.Rinse with water, Been doing it for Decades.

I’ve been using American classics for years, good so far. (cross my fingers) Only thing if I had to crit is that this particular set on my Newport show some tire dents or what they call tire undulations, they say it’s normal coming from radial tire construction but I don’t like how it. From my understanding if they dent
ACA7B4C5-EBEF-400A-B319-906A8BF6ABB9.jpeg
inward it does not affect performance, but if it’s a protrusion like a spiny looking bump or bubble then that tire needs replaced

Back