My Parent's '65 Newport.

Your neighbor drove an RV as his daily driver...how crazy is that??? Very cool pictures; even cooler story. Thank you for sharing this memory with the board - I love reading stuff like this!
He was an interesting guy. He also pulled a Cabin Cruiser with that motorhome. They often went to Shasta Lake on weekends. His son, my friend, finally stopped asking if I would like to go; there's no way in Hell my Mom would allow me to do so. I would drown you see.

Another thing I will NEVER forget. They had a beer-tap in their kitchen! The keg was replaced every other week. Never known another house with a tap in it!

He was an interesting guy. He also pulled a Cabin Cruiser with that motorhome. They often went to Shasta Lake on weekends. His son, my friend, finally stopped asking if I would like to go; there's no way in Hell my Mom would allow me to do so. I would drown you see.

Another thing I will NEVER forget. They had a beer-tap in their kitchen! The keg was replaced every other week. Never known another house with a tap in it!
The guy who lived across the street from me growing up had a keg in a refrigerator in his garage with the tap on the door. PBR it was.

I see them now and then. This was at a foreclosure sale of a house a year or two ago, in a low-income area. I can't imagine what he spent his money on that put him in foreclosure.... Decent workmanship though.

Hell, maybe the guy was running an illegal bar and got busted. Now that I think about it, I bet that's what happened.
upload_2021-2-17_8-0-23.png

Back