My YouTube channel

C Body Bob

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
Ok I’ve been thinking about doing this for a year or so. As many of you know I eat drink & sleep automobiles especially hot rods & classics. Between my mobile touch up business, racing I get to do, car shows, car auctions, my junk yard explorations & the old cars I hunt down as well as the cars I part out I have a lot going on. My Facebook page Bobs Classic Cars & Parts & my Facebook group C body Source keep me pretty busy but I see so many guys like me with popular & successful YouTube channels that I’ve decided to give it a try. So about a month ago I created Bob’s Classic Cars & Parts on YouTube & started uploading videos. I’m new at this & learning how the channel works. I haven’t told anyone about this so you guys are the first. I’ve subscribed to several channels & watch how they run theirs & I don’t expect my channel to generate add revenue but I do hope it will help me sell more cars & parts & get leads on other cars & parts. So check it out & let me know what you think. If you like it please subscribe & leave a comment. Open to suggestions as I develop this.

Hey Bob, I like the channel! A few words of advice from someone who eat, sleeps, and lives YouTube. Firstly, I’d recommend downloading the YouTube Studio App. It can also be accessed on PC via the website. This allows you to view analytics of your videos, which can be useful, but I personally use it to add a custom thumbnail to my videos. An edited thumbnail including eye-catching text over an image describing the video is best when you gain a following and want to expand, however I typically just upload an image of the vehicle showcased in the video. Next, I would highly recommend adding more details to your description box. Add things about the car’s engine, etc. You can also add hashtags to increase the likelihood of your video being found under different search terms than the title. Last but not least, as you progress in your video making, I’d recommend investing into a camera/tripod set up and basic editing software. The more important of the two, a camera and tripod, will allow you to expand your content by being able to record yourself as you work on a project. Include anything that you may consider “interesting” or “important” in the job, and frequently describe what you are doing and why in the video.
Anyways, just though I’d share some of my advice, and I hope you find some of it useful. Best of luck on your YouTubing!
Subscribed, btw :)

Hey Bob, I like the channel! A few words of advice from someone who eat, sleeps, and lives YouTube. Firstly, I’d recommend downloading the YouTube Studio App. It can also be accessed on PC via the website. This allows you to view analytics of your videos, which can be useful, but I personally use it to add a custom thumbnail to my videos. An edited thumbnail including eye-catching text over an image describing the video is best when you gain a following and want to expand, however I typically just upload an image of the vehicle showcased in the video. Next, I would highly recommend adding more details to your description box. Add things about the car’s engine, etc. You can also add hashtags to increase the likelihood of your video being found under different search terms than the title. Last but not least, as you progress in your video making, I’d recommend investing into a camera/tripod set up and basic editing software. The more important of the two, a camera and tripod, will allow you to expand your content by being able to record yourself as you work on a project. Include anything that you may consider “interesting” or “important” in the job, and frequently describe what you are doing and why in the video.
Anyways, just though I’d share some of my advice, and I hope you find some of it useful. Best of luck on your YouTubing!
Subscribed, btw :)
Thank you for subscribing. Yes I agree with all of that. I definitely need to install the studio app. And yes I need to get a lot better at a lot of things. I tend to ramble. That’s just my nature. I catch myself doing while making the videos. Sure if this thing gets a following I’ll certainly buy some equipment & get some editing software. I appreciate the advice.

Thank you for subscribing. Yes I agree with all of that. I definitely need to install the studio app. And yes I need to get a lot better at a lot of things. I tend to ramble. That’s just my nature. I catch myself doing while making the videos. Sure if this thing gets a following I’ll certainly buy some equipment & get some editing software. I appreciate the advice.

Bob: I'm subscribed. I think your Your YouTube channel is gonna be great.

If I could add one more suggestion to the list from @The Horvaths: Until you get the tripod, etc., please consider slowing down a lot when you move the camera around. It doesn't look fast when viewed from the camera viewfinder, but it appears to be very fast when viewing the clip. When viewing the video, it can almost make a person dizzy sometimes trying to follow along. . . Regardless, I really like yer approach, and rambling is OK too.

Bob: I'm subscribed. I think your Your YouTube channel is gonna be great.

If I could add one more suggestion to the list from @The Horvaths: Until you get the tripod, etc., please consider slowing down a lot when you move the camera around. It doesn't look fast when viewed from the camera viewfinder, but it appears to be very fast when viewing the clip. When viewing the video, it can almost make a person dizzy sometimes trying to follow along. . . Regardless, I really like yer approach, and rambling is OK too.
Thank you for subscribing & yep I agree I need to work on my camera skills. I’ve noticed that as well.

Back