Need a Windshield

Scoopy G

Reaction score
Hello all,

I need a windshield for my '65 New Yorker 6-window Town Sedan. Does anyone know of a source for a new (or used) windshield for this car? The part number seems to be
DW658T, T is for "tint". Classic industries offers 657T, but that it evidently for the hardtop, and not the sedan.

Any constructive, informative, insightful, and kind input from you fellas (and fell-ettes) is welcome. Stubbs need not apply. Thanks.

113_1388.JPG

I was able to find one right away by calling my local glass guy - his warehouse had it in stock. However, supplies are dwindling... so my good luck may not be the same experience you are having.

Call the local glass shop that's been in business for a long time.

If you're desperate, I can probably source one up here, but shipping will be expensive.

Not sure where your part number came from, but it might be good to find an old Chilton or MOTOR Crash Parts Manual to get the part number from. Not a "Chrysler" part number, but the "glass industry" part number.

Check prior threads on the rubber seal you'll also need to do the job.

I concur that a good place to start looking would be a local automotive glass company (i.e., Safelite or similar), letting them determine the part number and see if it matches the number you have. Just to make sure.

In "glass company-speak", "tinted" is a glass that is all one tint level, as a side door glass is. "Shaded" is tinted with the darker band at the top. Which makes me question the "T" suffix on the number you have . . . although it might be completely accurate.

Just some thoughts,
CBODY67

To save some leg work, here is the 8nterchsnge parts list.
You can give the glass shop the number and they can cross reference it.
Courtesy of the other C body forum...

Screenshot_2022-11-20-20-59-58.png

Richard it is best to get another windshield gasket. They are available for the 4dr sedans as I replaced the windshield on the 66 300 seedan.
Also to save labor costs, remove the interior garnish trim, sunvisors and rear view mirror.
The exterior trim takes more finesse and time to remove if you feel comfortable doing so.
The wipers and the cowl cover has to come off too.
Some glass shop techs are leary working on trim that was manufactured before they were born..lol

20210831_100638.jpg

UPDATE! Thanks OMNI for the reference to Murray up in Tiffin. And thanks everyone else for your helpful posts.

Murray was nice enough to call me back, and informed me that the sedan/wagon windshield has not been manufactured by anyone for decades. You can get the shorter hardtop/convert unit pretty cheap, but the sedan/wagon unit is taller, and nobody makes it, because they figure nobody is that nerdy as to own a Town Sedan. Murray has got a used unit, so we may be able to make a deal on that. With the cost of the unit, the cost of the crate, and the cost of shipping, it appears it may total out in the neighborhood of $1000USD to get the piece from Ohio to Tampa. Then there is the cost of installation. BUT, as explained earlier, the Trico Wiper parent company stepped up and referred my claim to their insurer, and so hopefully the cost of replacement will be covered.

Finally, if you haven't watched this video of the Australian guy Fletch travel to Tiffin, Ohio to buy a '67 NYer from Murray, it's a good watch. Peace out, and thanks again to Ross, 300rag, Cbody67, OMNI, Leaburn, and WOT440 for your posts.

Richard

113_1398.JPG

Has anyone used Autoglass.net?
Is it too good to be true?
The site shows I can pick up an Imperial windshield in Buffalo. But seems to want payment before confirmation.

Back