Need Recommendations: 4 Barrel Air Cleaner

I went with the Edelbrock 650 AVS II. To make the base fit the carb I rolled a piece of .040 alum. 2 1/8" long and notched the top to fit the bumps in the base, then put hi temp sealant to attach it. Backyard mech. style, cheap and it works.

Reluctantly, I recently put a 4 barrel Holley on top of my 68 Fury III’s 383. The throat has a 5 3/8” opening. I really don’t like aftermarket air cleaners so I’ve been thinking...Would there be a period correct factory air cleaner that would properly fit on top? If so, I’d like to find/buy one on eBay. Thanks...

I've been researching AVS 2 carburetor air horn size. I haven't found definitive information but it appears it's the standard 5.1/8" opening? I've got the instructions downloaded from Edelbrock, no mention of a new air cleaner requirement. Jegs sells a kit for AVS 2 installation, as near as I can tell that's a 5.1/8" opening air cleaner they furnish in the kit. So went looking for 5.3/8" air horn sized air cleaners and found nada. The only adapters I could found were the old 4.7/16" to 5.1/8". So are we talking 5.3/8" O.D.? Or I.D.?

Back