Need some 65-66 Fury engine compartment pics

Bad Shrimp

Reaction score
Hello,
Anyone have pics of an original 65-66 Fury/Monaco engine compartment? Spacifically the radiator, coolant overflow mounting, and AC radiator areas? Trying to keep my car original in appearance, but missing a few items.

Thanks in advance,

Bad Shrimp

My 66 Fury 383 4bbl does not have an overflow. Just a rubber drain tube to the driveway. The drain tube runs down the driver side of the radiator through two spring clips so it stays out of the fan. I will get picks of my air con and radiator. All original except the shop fabbed up a return line to replace the hose clamp one that was on the car when I got it. Since my grille is out while I prep for paint, I can get a straight on shot this morning. I managed to get the thing back together after engine rebuild without any Jesus parts and they are all where they belong (I think)!

Fury Air and Radiator Pics

Got the car out a bit ago and took a few pics of the radiator support and engine bay plumbing. If you need more please ask. This particular car is a 1966 Fury survivor. It has all of the factory equipment in it and in working order except the AM radio, which is toast. As near as I can tell the pieces are still where the factory put them. The pics are pretty bad as I had to dumb them down to get them uploaded.

Radiator Support.jpg

Air Conn Dryer.jpg

Compressor and Overflow.jpg

New Return Line.jpg

Passenger Side Heat and Air Plumbing.jpg

I think the under hood detail of my '65 300 is very close, if not exact to a '65 Fury.

EngineBay3.jpg

EngineBay4.jpg

I can shoot some more if you are interested.

You cheated, yours is done! I love it! Mine will be left in flat black with factory Chrysler blue engine paint. The car will be finished in 2012 Chrysler "deep molten red metallic". They used that color until 2005 then dropped it 'til now.

Thank you all a ton! Very awesome. My engine bay is mostly complete, i'm just trying to see what i'm missing in terms of clips/caps/hoses etc etc. I thought I was missing an overflow bottle, but I guess mine never had one. I have a few questions.

Were the original heater core hoses orange/red'ish or black?
Did the original radiator caps all have the flip top cap?
Rexus 31, where did you get the battery?
Did the original spark plug wires have orange/red'ish boots or black?
1966FuryViP, Is your 4 barrel carb original? carter afb?

Thx again, all of the posted pics are a huge help.

Bad Shrimp

Were the original heater core hoses orange/red'ish or black?
I'm not sure about your application, but my hoses were black with the Mopar number stamped on them. Pic of what I used:
IMG_3580.jpg

Did the original radiator caps all have the flip top cap?
Flip top radiator caps were not used from the factory. Pic of what I used:
IMG_3576.jpg

Rexus 31, where did you get the battery?
Restoration Battery
5484 Race Rd.
Cincinnati, OH 45247
513-574-4481
www.restorationbattery.com
IMG_3577.jpg

Did the original spark plug wires have orange/red'ish boots or black?
Original plug wires have black distributor boots, black wires (date coded) and orange plug boots: Pics of mine:
IMG_3584.jpg

IMG_3583.jpg

Corbin clamps were used on all radiator and heater hoses:
IMG_3582.jpg

I also paid special attention to the correct plating material for various components:
IMG_3578.jpg

IMG_3579.jpg

Other detail shots:
IMG_3581.jpg

IMG_3589.jpg

The details are what separates a very good engine compartment from a so-so engine compartment. Take your time and pay attention to the details!

Last edited:
Back