Need some help with door seals (65 Fury 2 dr hardtop)

65Fury440

Reaction score
I got mt car back from paint, (almost 2 years) and I'm looking through the FSM to see where this seal goes. I am not finding any info on how this attaches and where it goes. Does anyone have a picture of their car that shows in detail where it goes? I think I may have the wrong seal.Thanks-Doug

$%28KGrHqV,%21hEFD%218iZvK6BQ-bJJvwRg%7E%7E60_57.JPG

If I remember correctly it goes on the pinch weld at the back of the door jamb, from the scuff plate on up. It should just slip over the pinch weld. I don't remember where they end at the top, it's been too many years, and mine are missing, so I'd like to see some pictures too.

My experience is only with '67. In the '67 FSM it is referred to as windcord. It is covered in the interior section of the body chapter.

Yours looks a little different than what I put in my 4DSD but here's a couple of pics:

20150703_171412.jpg

20150703_173156.jpg

20150703_172044.jpg

On a '67 2DHT it runs from under the door sill plate up to the beltline and is secured under the interior quarter trim.

I have to assume that '65 is similar.

Hope the input helps.

John

20150703_171412.jpg

20150703_173156.jpg

20150703_172044.jpg

Sorry for the confusion. Please ignore my input.

Sorry Mysinbin, I was just making light of my frustration. The 65 Fury is different and I just want to get it right. The PO ripped everything out, so starting from scratch.
Thank you very much for taking the time to help. Much appreciated.

You're confused because it's not for a Fury. It's for a 65 Belvedere and other cars (http://metrommp.com/?f=detail&ModelNumber=LM 23-HFWN&VehicleYear=1964&Make=PLYMOUTH&Model=SAVOY) In the picture below I traced it in red so you can see where it goes on a 65 Belvedere.

View attachment 56504

So after speaking to Metro, they referred me to Fran at JustMopar.com. He's very knowledgeable. The fabric seal is the same as a B body, but it only runs from the top of the pinch weld at the rear, down to the sill plate and tucks under. It does the same at the front, picking back up and running up the pinch weld. The door has a rubber seal that wraps around it with a combination of clips and glue.
I will update this post with pics for future reference, should anybody run into this in the future.
Thank you for your help gentlemen.

I will try to remember when I get home and look at my 65 Fury and get a pic or two of it. Well if any of it is left that is.

Back