WANTED Need some sheetmetal for 69 and 70 Polara verts

Status
Not open for further replies.

1969vert500

Reaction score
Contact seller
I am needing some nice clean floors for my 69 polara vert. The tunnel is good so I might just patch in each side.

Then I need a a good trunk floor for both the 69 and 70 polara. Let me know if anyone has any good metal out there. Thanks Mike

Floor

Here is a pic of the pass side. A little surface rust. It's solid

image.jpg

image.jpg

Here is what I am needing to replace. I know they look scary but this is really the only rust on the car. Once I get these out and new metal in the car is pretty much rust free. Poor thing rotted from the inside out and the exterior is just surface rust.

drivers side back pan.jpg

drivers side front pan.jpg

passenger side.jpg

trunk rust 2.jpg

trunk rust.jpg

trunk vert.jpg

floors

Ok Mike. I can help with the rear floor sections too. I will get pic's of those tomorrow. My trunk is rotted, but maybe you can patch it with some of mine. Here is a pic I have on file. I will get a better pic if you tink you can use some of it.

69 Fury 005.jpg

By the way. I have a 65 Chrysler that has a great trunk floor. I doubt they are the same, but may be patches.

one thing to keep in mind is that the rear footwell section in a convertible is 3 or 4 inches shorter than a hardtop. it can be made to work though if you drill out the spot welds, shorten the rear pan and reattach it.
attachment.php

anyone ever try one of these pans?? wonder if they are crap or if they fit well??

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TRUNK-PAN-C...fits=Model:Polara&hash=item20ed171b08&vxp=mtr

they are usable, but barely. the indents are rolled in the pan instead of pressed which causes it to warp in weird ways. the indents also run through the areas where the holes should be so that when you drill the holes you have to metal work the edges to get the plugs to sit flush. it is a heavier gauge metal than the original though.

65 trunk floor

Here is an underneath pic of the trunk floor on the 65 Newport. Looks pretty good. It's full of parts, but I did look at the other side a few months ago & I don't remember any rust. I say it's good.

image.jpg

Floor

Here is a pic of the pass floor out. And also the drivers side from the foot board back is good. Still in car, but can cut it if you decide you want that.

image.jpg

image.jpg

drivers side

I can use the drivers side and here are pics of what I need to patch in, make them as big as you can and you can see at the back the rust goes right up to the curve so if you could cut them into the upward curve some that would help alot as it would let them splice and weld on the upward area. The more the better on what you get cut out as I can always trim it down. Thanks

drivers side rust 69.jpg

drivers side foot rust 69.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back