Need to Read; 1977 - 1979 MOPAR CB Radio Operation Manual

from the factory and unless you have it, it won't work.
That was part of a score when I got one of my three factory CB units, the special factory antenna, can't wait to listen to truckers pulling up to factories, it'll be breathtaking to hear. I'll install it in my truck, but I'm kinda bummed it will most longer be a radio delete dash.

That was part of a score when I got one of my three factory CB units, the special factory antenna, can't wait to listen to truckers pulling up to factories, it'll be breathtaking to hear. I'll install it in my truck, but I'm kinda bummed it will most longer be a radio delete dash.

The factory antenna mast stows on it own when you turn the radio off and deploys to the full up position when you turn the radio on. There is no power antenna switch with this radio.

THANK YOU LocuMob !!!
That was Helpful.
I assume that the unmarked switch to the right of "MON" is the CB actuator switch?

When I say output, I mean from the CB speaker.
I am only trying to hear the CB recieve.
I've done the welding rod procedure eight or nine times on base and underdash.
It's always worked before.

THANK YOU LocUmob !!!
That was Helpful.
I assume that the unmarked switch to the right of "MON" is the CB actuator switch?
Please, what happens when I pull the Squelch and hear a switch "click"?

When I say output, I mean from the CB speaker.
I am only trying to hear the CB recieve.
I've done the welding rod procedure eight or nine times on base and underdash.
It's always worked before.

Last edited:
You may not want to hear what they have to say about your factory

Please, what happens when I pull the Squelch and hear a switch "click"?
Noise Blanker,to reduce electrical interference from the vehicle.

Yep,the button to the right of MON(itor) is the CB button. Should be marked.

It might end up like the radios in my cars, there to fill a void. Antenna just for looks.
Yep, by a new radio with Bluetooth, put it under the seat controlled by remote and plugged into a iPod, no need for anttenna and you can take calls through the radio in 1968 Charger.

Yep, by a new radio with Bluetooth, put it under the seat controlled by remote and plugged into a iPod, no need for anttenna and you can take calls through the radio in 1968 Charger.
I don't listen to the radio in my old cars, the engine is soooo much better to listen to. I got to hear my Polaras 440 purring through the 3" exhaust for a thousand miles over one weekend going to Volo, loved almost every minute of it. I hear the radio enough in a daily driver or at home, purring big blocks do just fine in the old stuff.

I have three modern aftermarket radios sitting on a shelf that were originally slated to go into my Dart and Polara, but that will probably never happen.

Well there are a few of you now who should never again complain about other people filling up a thread with useless bullshit.

But at least the instructions got posted, so that's something.

Well there are a few of you now who should never again complain about other people filling up a thread with useless bullshit.

Some of us will do anything to boost the number of our "messages" and "likes"...….wow you have alot

Post_count_meme.jpg

The only way you'll hear anything on that cb is if you're parked next to the truck that's broadcasting. Lol. And that's only because he might have his window down.

Yeah, what others said. I think the cb radio part is a plug and play unit and is replaceable. I have a few replacement nos modules.

Back