needing guidance

My daily driver is a pickup truck loaded with farm stuff. Or towing cattle trailer. Imperial would be sweet for chasing cows and checking crops. Fencing and picking rocks.

They smash them down here, just certain classes and venues, not every derby has them. They have an outlaw class some guy entered a car supposedly weighed as much as an elephant.

My daily driver is a pickup truck loaded with farm stuff. Or towing cattle trailer
No ****, I did not think pick up trucks where allowed to do that stuff, just go to Home Depot and buy mulch.
J.K.
Sounds like you may have found a job for the Imp

a month ago I seen a 68 imperial advertised. not to far away. I am into 66 dodge so all I did was look at the advertisement. week later I had a brain fart and relized it would have a rebuidlible 440 under the hood. week after that I phoned for details. week after that I went for a look. ended up buying it, mainly for engine/trans and the 2.94 posi. cost me $2300 northern dollars
we drove it onto the trailer. i got looking closer at the body. it has rust on rear quarters but is rust free floor pans. almost dent free body. decent interior. looks to be 100% complete. and appears to be mouse free.
got me thinking it would be a nice cruiser unit.
like I said 66 dodge is my area. fairly basic, not a lot of switches and electric doodads.
reality hit me and maybe I should stick with the dodge.
so I have a 100 thousand mile LeBarge, what looks to be a real good 440 core. and a shitload of parts. add to that the demolition derby crowd would love to get their hands on this beast.
here is what I need help with. do I pull drivetrain and offer whats left for sale. do I offer it complete with drivetrain. do I pull drivetrain and strip it down to sell parts and sell the stripped down car to demo guys. I cant get real stiff about selling parts one at a time.
I am not in a panic to do anything. the car is stored at least till spring.
maybe I need to seek councilling for my mopar addiction?

View attachment 231797

That`s not too rough, so do not part/sell it to derby-brainers.

a month ago I seen a 68 imperial advertised. not to far away. I am into 66 dodge so all I did was look at the advertisement. week later I had a brain fart and relized it would have a rebuidlible 440 under the hood. week after that I phoned for details. week after that I went for a look. ended up buying it, mainly for engine/trans and the 2.94 posi. cost me $2300 northern dollars
we drove it onto the trailer. i got looking closer at the body. it has rust on rear quarters but is rust free floor pans. almost dent free body. decent interior. looks to be 100% complete. and appears to be mouse free.
got me thinking it would be a nice cruiser unit.
like I said 66 dodge is my area. fairly basic, not a lot of switches and electric doodads.
reality hit me and maybe I should stick with the dodge.
so I have a 100 thousand mile LeBarge, what looks to be a real good 440 core. and a shitload of parts. add to that the demolition derby crowd would love to get their hands on this beast.
here is what I need help with. do I pull drivetrain and offer whats left for sale. do I offer it complete with drivetrain. do I pull drivetrain and strip it down to sell parts and sell the stripped down car to demo guys. I cant get real stiff about selling parts one at a time.
I am not in a panic to do anything. the car is stored at least till spring.
maybe I need to seek councilling for my mopar addiction?

View attachment 231797
I'm not in this for the car, I want them all to be loved... @Mr C should check to see if she's parts worthy... I can't think of who else for a 68. I do agree that this car would need someone who loves her a bunch to be made right again. I vote NO to the derby...

Found this picture. It shows the rust issue better.
The drivers window would go down but. Not up I found debris was not letting the switch go far enough to make contact. Window is closed now

IMG_20181117_114320.jpg

Drivers seat back has some wear and minimal tearing. Doors open and close with true imperial style.
Last licenced in 2001.
I hope the pictures are of some use. It's a cloudy day and dark in by the gem

IMG_20181124_083425.jpg

IMG_20181124_083407.jpg

IMG_20181124_083324.jpg

Interesting, is that velour? Fender tag?

Now you are asking for quite a bit. I will see what I can do. And yes it is velour. Power seats for driver and passenger.
This car would have been something else when it was younger. The right person could make it big time again

I hope this is clear enough. The fender brace is in the way. Let me know if you need a better picture. I could clean it up more.

IMG_20181124_110612.jpg

Soooo you like 66's eh....wanna trade? It's a Chrysler not a Dodge though......

Wow, look at that tag! Could be first day of production for the model year and she’s loaded!:wideyed:
I wonder what the “A” means in the s.o. #?
@69CoronetRT
It was in fact built for a Canada delivery.

Dobalovr
I assume you have a 66 Chrysler. I claim to prefer dodge. Actually it's the66 two door roofline that I can't get enough of. And 66 chrysler and dodge roofline are basically the same. Sure the chrysler car is longer. I would be willing to know what you had in mind. If you are serious send me a pm

Dobalovr
I assume you have a 66 Chrysler. I claim to prefer dodge. Actually it's the66 two door roofline that I can't get enough of. And 66 chrysler and dodge roofline are basically the same. Sure the chrysler car is longer. I would be willing to know what you had in mind. If you are serious send me a pm
:thumbsup: That's what I'm talkin' 'bout!

Wow, look at that tag! Could be first day of production for the model year and she’s loaded!:wideyed:
I wonder what the “A” means in the s.o. #?
@69CoronetRT
It was in fact built for a Canada delivery.

Yes . First day production. (801).

Just guessing VIN is within first 200 for the year. YH43T8C1001**

“Built for sale in Canada” =

68 is an A
69 is a B
70 is a C

that’s a LOT of codes.

Vin is YH43K8C100848
I appreciate you digging Coronet RT.
It's truly amazing how my first post morphed. I mean in a good way.
That’s what happens when you own the best, people talk.:lol:

Back