Never worry about a rusted bolt

The acetone will dissolve plastic
I bought an old fashioned all steel oil can to store my 50/50.
The problem I had with using atf and acetone in a squirt bottle was the acetone evaporated from the bottle and I was left with straight atf. :BangHead:

With Kroil on hand I only mix up the 50/50 when I need to free up a stuck engine or something drastic that has time to soak.

Acetone evaporates FAST, I use it all day at work - like anything else it has pluses & minuses!

My only use for WD40 is as starting fluid for 2 cycle engines.
PB Blaster has worked well for me every time. The key is dwell time. Usually overnight is all I needed.
Would heat application to a nut followed by a liberal application of PB blaster be any efficient way, besides the smoke, To infiltrate the threads with the product? I remember doing this as a kid, but I am just wondering if it had any volition?

I thought all the truly smart guys use a 50/50 acetone/ATF penetrant.

Been using that for the last 15 years around here. The fixture below uses 6 8-32x 3/4" screws. They have been sitting in that fixture since 1953 at least so they are quite rusted in. The first attempt at trying to remove one of the slot screws told me quickly it would get rounded out. Some of the mix, let it sit a few days as there was red lead to deal with, and then all six came out like they were just put in.

Light_fxtr_02.jpg

Project Farm on YouTube has done several videos on the subject of penetrating fluids. It's worth a watch for those of us who run into lots of rusty fasteners.

Would heat application to a nut followed by a liberal application of PB blaster be any efficient way, besides the smoke, To infiltrate the threads with the product? I remember doing this as a kid, but I am just wondering if it had any volition?
I’ve never needed to add heat but the can warns that it is flammable.

Me, personally, nothing works better then heat. Using just a little propane torch has saved me tons of heartache and frustration. The world was in black n white before i discovered how well that worked. Never tried kroil though.

Me, personally, nothing works better then heat. Using just a little propane torch has saved me tons of heartache and frustration. The world was in black n white before i discovered how well that worked. Never tried kroil though.
Like a torch in an aerosol can!:lol:

Back