New Aquisition

It just fell into my lap, right place, right time, a deal good enough that Airtemp II was not an issue. Lol

I'm the 3rd owner. The 2nd owner had it for 30 years and put 900 miles on it.

Kevin
Great find. there is a great tread on Airtemp II trouble shooting. Now parts........

When do we get to see more of your Imperial?
Haven't had time to do anything with it.

Had the safety done. The only thing of consequence was the steering box. Something hinky with the input shaft, it moves in and out when you turn the wheel and leaks oil from both ends. I kept the original and installed a reman. Only took 3 or 4 tries to get a good one...

Rimblow switch doesn’t seem to work so they installed an external switch to blow the horn for the time being.

The brake pads and shoes were good enough to pass but not by much so we replaced them and a couple of taillight bulbs. Drums and rotors were good.

Pulled the tank and cleaned it, replaced the sending unit. The tank seemed to be in excellent shape. No rust but when I put gas in it, it started leaking profusely along the seam between the spot welds. I may just weld the seam. A new tank is available but it'll ruin $600.

I found out why the AutoTemp wasn't responding. According to the manual, nothing happens until the engine reaches 150 deg or you select Defrost. The A/C doesn't blow cold but the rest seems to function once you follow the rules.

Kevin

Back