New Cold Case Radiator in the '66 Newport

Mclovin

Reaction score
IMG_5703.jpg
IMG_5704.jpg
IMG_5709.jpg
IMG_5710.jpg
Last night I installed a new direct fit Cold Case aluminum radiator in my Newport. I was having some trouble with it getting warmer than I'd like during these warm months in Oregon. I will be putting the fan shroud back on tonight. I did not have the necessary hardware to do it last night. Its already 5 or so degrees cooler than it was with the original, never touched, factory radiator. And it looks good too!

How much is one if I may ask?

Thanks ,,so no surprises with the installation?

Haven't seen a lot of them, but that Cold Case looks better than the replacement radiators I have seen. Nice work, and I'm sure you're relieved that it's running cooler. Haven't priced a radiator re-core lately, but I bet that $379 is worth the trouble, not to mention the free shipping.

Thanks ,,so no surprises with the installation?
No, one mounting hole was slightly off so I just used a drill bit to widen it out a little but. Also the trans cooler line fittings were a slightly different thread size so I had to get new fittings to screw into the bottom to connect the trans cooler lines. Last thing was the fan shroud mounting spots needed new hardware. It required screws instead of having threaded posts to put washers and nuts on. Both upper and lower radiator hose locations were spot on and it fit directly where it should have. Overall I am pleased with it and happy with the outcome.

Haven't seen a lot of them, but that Cold Case looks better than the replacement radiators I have seen. Nice work, and I'm sure you're relieved that it's running cooler. Haven't priced a radiator re-core lately, but I bet that $379 is worth the trouble, not to mention the free shipping.
The quality and fit and finish seems very nice. I'm happy with the purchase and it looks like its going to keep the car 5-10 degrees cooler which is what I was after.

Your description of installation was exactly what I found when doing my 69 300. Overall pleased with it.

Quote from Cold Case Site
"These radiators are original appearing and have the original style stamped tanks. Once painted, you'd be hard pressed to find a difference over an original versus a COLD-CASE."

Has anyone painted their Cold Case Radiator? I was considering the Spectra cause it is black and looks a bit like original equipment.

Back