New FCB member

rsbolin

Reaction score
I am excited to a member of this forum. I am going this week to purchase a 1978 Chrysler New Yorker Brougham. It a Barn Find with 17,713 miles purchased from the estate of the original owner. The first Chrysler I will have ever owned.

You may find me on other Forums such as ALLPAR and FaceBook 1974-1978 Chrysler New Yorkers, Newport’s, and Town & Country’s. With assistance from member of the ALLPAR community we have decoded the build plate on my new ride.

As usual with any used vehicle, there are things that need to be addressed that I will be posting on for a Parts Search such as Wiper motor and wiper assembly. Still, I am excited to have, what I hope to be, a wonderful car. It was this or a Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham, but the New Yorker was closer to where I live and I can get my hands on it.

Wishing a good day to everyone on this forum.

Ron

IMG_0706.jpeg

IMG_0707.jpeg

IMG_0703.jpeg

IMG_0702.jpeg

Congratulations on finding and being the new caretaker of such a wonderful automobile. We "formal" owners have a good support group on this site and understand the peculiar - unique characteristic of these model years. Nothing beats oozing down the road while sitting on the couch like seats.

If you get a chance please post a pic of the fender tag under the hood.

Eng Compart VIN Plate.jpg

Welcome Ron!
Congrats on your NYB. Nice that you have chosen the Chrysler, so you can be part of the best fullsize forum on this planet!:welcome:

Nice score!! Congratulations

Thanks, JJ300. It will be delivered this coming Friday to a local carb shop to have a new gas tank installed, rebuilt carb adjustments, and plugs changed. Idels wonderfully but as soon as hit the throttle there is a dead spot and then increased throttle. I am considering removing the Lean Burn System. Plan to ask the carb shop about doing that. With on 17,713 miles it may not need it, but I plan for this to be a daily driver for me.

After I get it to my home i plan to change the shocks front and back, and replace the window trim mouldings of both sides.

This car was last driven on December 7, 2015 when new muffler was installed. Otherwise, it had been sitting an enclosed garage along with a collection of other automobiles including a Packard, Ford Rancerho, Model A, and a few others that I cannot recall specifics.

Back