New here and my “new” 67 Sport Fury!

Wow, thanks everyone! Honestly.

So, it doesnt have the sway bar, and last night I was driving thinking (man, a sway bar and tighter torsion bars might be nice. Lol. I was also going to check the plate for the ratio today. So it’s funny you mention those things.

I took her to her first car show, in god knows how long, last night! Love having the only Fury anything there. I only took a couple photos as it was a small show, but the family joined me, nice dinner and a shockingly good Journey cover band (lol, who doesn’t love some Journey?!). Lol.

So I’ll post some photos:

So far since Wed, June 20th (at 7:15 pm...lol), when I received the car off the hauler, this what hs been done.

New plugs, wires, cap, rotor, points installed. This cleared up a lot of the “been sitting hiccups”. Still had a stumble, sometimes it felt like fuel, sometimes spark. So then I cleaned carb and adjusted.

The fuel gauge doesn’t work (for now) so I ran her to he gas station, figured some new fuel would probably help. I also figured it might knock some chucks of varnish out and I’d be calling AAA! Lol. Well, turns out she was 90 percent full of fuel anyway. So I’ll be adding new fuel to the old, then I’ll pull the tank replace sending unit and all rubber back there.

Back to the hiccup: was getting a random stumble. More electrical it felt. So came home. I rechecked the point gap/dwell. Was low, readjust. Oh yeah, when I put the points in it went from running ok to not running. I was like “WTF”?! For whatever reason I just couldn’t seem to get it right. It had been since 2004 ish since I’d messed with points. After some patience I got it. Lol

Anyway, adjusted dwell, and re-replaced the car. It had some tracking on the new one it looked like. I ran her for a bit and still had a stumble. Under cruising and load, once good and heat soaked. Came back, tested the coil. They don’t go bad often, not really, but hey I was running low on crap to test. Lol. Could OHMS were out of spec, and fluctuated when cool was shook. So, MSD coil went in.

OK. MSD coil with points needs a ballast. and not just to 1. Ohms that’s on the car factory. Nope. It needs a .8 ohm added. Well, go ahead and go buy one...I couldn’t! MSD makes one, but local had to order it. And I had a car show to attend Sunday (or so I thought). It was 11 am Saturday. Could off, all wiring ran for additional ballast so it looked factory...no ballast available.
So, I stopped and thought “Napa sells a 1.83 ohm ballast. No reason I can just swap factory ballast for 1.8 one! So I did.

Couldn’t find out if there was any reason not to, anywhere. As if I was the first to think it...ha! Well, you can. So there is a tip!

Jesus this is Long!

So anyway, those things, and of course setting and playing with timing, and she’s running good.

Checked all suspension, joints, steering and brakes. All new brakes are there already but probably replace anyway. Maybe go disk eventually.

Trans shifts great. Clean. Adjust ed torsion bars/ride height. I was 1/2 inch off on the front?! So I brought it down to 25in at top of the front wheel well. Might need bars replaced.

Ok, enough ramble!

06D619E5-AD2C-4DE2-B26D-0F098FD20484.jpeg

DF6459D9-E940-4489-B88E-55DF5E856B09.jpeg

06F46716-C14B-48EC-94D4-857E41C32149.jpeg

A7A24257-9077-46DA-B932-AE40F75585D5.jpeg

BE6662E7-14AB-41D9-9ACF-5C85CE1AED50.jpeg

9A4D7BDC-BCE6-4A57-BB5B-9347B39A9CB3.jpeg

E7E460C3-5B0A-4A2C-AACD-32EA5624A938.jpeg

C00A7746-C1F9-4569-8994-56DB698DF2E9.jpeg

E57F4E11-ECD7-4759-82C3-88D3C41BF259.jpeg

283D7FB2-36CB-44F7-B80C-D3FEE01B3C52.jpeg

Yessssss. I have owned many 1967 Fury's. Just ask FuryGT. Many were cars that I have harvested parts from and gave last rights to. None were black. This car in black with the red interior, and a fast top car, YES. Please share more pictures of the car. Maybe create a photo garage on this site. Dose the car have the optional front sway bar?? The rear end ratio is it 2:94 or some thing better? If you decide to go big block I suggest a 383 nicely tuned with dual exhaust. I used to own this 1967 Sportfury G code car. Good luck with the car and with your new home in Florida.

View attachment 193598

View attachment 193599

View attachment 193600

Now this is a great colour combination!

Back