New leaf springs shorter?

jbooth35

Reaction score
Got new springs from Espo. Initial looks seem shorter, even considering more arch. Any reason to be worried? They seem nearly 2 inches shorter . I haven’t actually tried to install them yet while I blast and powder coat the brackets.

CC0D73DE-4E1B-485A-9A07-7ECC0BEEA0A9.jpeg

Physically measure along the side of the leafs, between the center of the bushing holes. Then check the specs in the FSM for your vehicle. Not all C-body springs are the same length, even in the same model year, as I recall.

Keep us posted on what you find,\
CBODY67

Ok. It does measure the same. I placed the new spring directly on top of the old, and the bend made the difference. Worry adverted. Hopefully I’ll get these installed without any issues.

Physically measure along the side of the leafs, between the center of the bushing holes. Then check the specs in the FSM for your vehicle. Not all C-body springs are the same length, even in the same model year, as I recall.

Keep us posted on what you find,\
CBODY67
Agreed, lengths vary by a few inches in the rear sections.
I researched springs recently and found some websites that listed the lengths, and there are actually 'trade numbers' for spring configurations.
C-body springs varied more than I thought. Springs on 65-66 Fury are 2" shorter in the rear section than for 67-68.

Back