New Member from NJ with 1970 Chrysler Newport 2 door.

NWPT70

Reaction score
Hi there,

I am new to the community. I just purchased a 1970 Chrysler Newport 2 door out of connecticut. I am based out of North Jersey. I assume I am probably one of the younger members, me being only 22. This is my first Chrysler but I have always been set on buying a 70 Newport 2 door. (My neighbor has one with currently 33k miles in show room condition, he bought new in 70 but only started driving it regularly in 96, hence the low miles) Anyways since falling in love with his car I sought after my own. Mine is currently under a light restoration and is almost ready for a repaint and new vinyl top. She's a great runner with only 55k oringinal miles. I love these cars with their Fuselage styling. I am proud to be part of this community involve these unique cars! Pictures of mine are coming soon.

Young bucks always welcome here amongst the old farts and everything in between.
Glad to have you aboard.
Sorry to hear you're in Jersey.:p

Welcome from Alberta! FCBO average member age just dropped woohoo! Now go get grandpa some pics!!

Here are pics of my friends all oringinal 1970 Newport, with the 33k miles on it. This is the car that inspired me to find mine. The car rarely saw snow this picture just happened to be for the sake of taking a picture of it out of its garage at that time.

30404_1339470530307_3527279_n.jpg

21948_1239374107959_96242_n.jpg

Last edited:
Welcome from Ohio! Another young guy here (24) that also loves these old land barges; prefer 2-doors and wish mine was sometimes, but either way, still cool cars!

Here are some crued pictures of my car. As you see in the pictures I had some metal patch work done on the driver side wheel well splash area and the rear driver side wheel well lip. The passenger side happened to also have the same areas effected by rust but also had dents on the door and rear quater. These pictures are dated about a week old. Currently the patch work and dents removal is complete. And the car is about to get a full coat of primer/sealer. We used as little body filler as possible and the body is now true and straight. The underside and frame are very solid. I think I may be making a full thread on my cars restoration progress.

20151222_154513.jpeg

20151222_154544.jpg

20151222_154556.jpeg

20151221_184109.jpg

Last edited:
Welcome from Ohio! Another young guy here (24) that also loves these old land barges; prefer 2-doors and wish mine was sometimes, but either way, still cool cars!

The color of your Royal is very nice! I am a two door fan personally but I appreciate all Fuselage bodys. You have a great looking ride! The newport Royal looks great in its 4 door form.

welcome to the site enjoy....wish l had a place like this when l was 22 :O)
So far the community has been great, I have found alot of NOS part that ive been after from some great guys on here.

yes..lve been graced with a rare part or two as well...countin blessins

Welcome from another South Jersey member (although born and raised in Paramus, NJ)! great looking Newport. That last pic is a tight squeeze indeed.

Welcome from another South Jersey member (although born and raised in Paramus, NJ)! great looking Newport. That last pic is a tight squeeze indeed.
Thats right around the corner from my neck of the woods.

Welcome aboard! Those are great cruising machines. They just glide quietly down the highway. Seeing the young guys joining is encouraging, as it portends some future for these beautiful cars from a previous time, 46 years ago. Here is one I sold two years ago, and it is one of the cars I have sold that I miss the most. It was my daily driver for 10 years.

100_6316.jpg

Last edited:
Back