New oil leak on my fury

Could someone tell me if this oil is ok for my change ? Is the 5w to thin ? I normally use 10w 30w.

IMG_1192.jpeg

Could someone tell me if this oil is ok for my change ? Is the 5w to thin ? I normally use 10w 30w.

View attachment 601313
No. That oil is for roller cams in modern engines. You need a high zinc oil. Find some Lucas Hot Rod Muscle car oil. I am not saying to use Lucas exclusively, just saying this is the type of oil you need for old flat tappet cam engines.
I use Lucas in clients cars as it is pretty easy to purchase up here. For my personal cars and clients that want it I have Brad Penn/Penn grade high zinc oil.

IMG_3796.jpeg

IMG_3797.jpeg

IMG_3798.jpeg

I use Brad Penn, now PennGrade oil myself. My preference is 15-40 with a good Wix filter.

That said, you ask 10 different guys here and you might get 10 different answers. The main thing is to use a high zinc oil to protect the cam and lifters.

well I got it back together and as luck would have it I took it for a drive and warmed it up and it still leaks . What now ? I used a 440 source retainer but the orange rubber sides didn’t want to go in very well so I filled the grooves in with ultra gray sealer without the seals.I don’t know if it’s leaking at the sides or the seal ? Any advice would be appreciated.

Back