New purchase 1968 NewYorker TNT

I want to "Thank-You" for all the thumbs-up and nice comments. I will have to do something about the CB antenna on the rear. Most of my cars I've had to have transported. This one, I drove home perhaps 20 miles. drove nice. If anyone has a source for new 14" tires, I'd appreciate a link (not coker).
It seems the Hankook Optima’s were the last standing 14” white walls. It seems that the Optima series was replaced by the Kinergy series, but only black wall.
I am glad my tires are still in good shape.

I'm just about out of chrome cleaner. I had to clean-up the corn that a squirrel had stored. no damage was detected, must have been a vegan. LOL

DSC07360.JPG

DSC07352.JPG

DSC07349.JPG

DSC07353.JPG

Hi, I'm sure some have seen this car before. I barged my way into the owner selling the car. He didn't advertise and didn't really know he was selling till I asked to see the car.l. I had been trying to get a hold of him for the past year. He doesn't come on the forum much and that was the only way I knew how to contact him. I had seen this car perhaps 7-8 years ago at the Mopar night show in Milwaukee and it caught my eye. For some or perhaps many, the car won't do a thing for them, I bought it because this car is near pristine condition and I 'm a detailing kind of guy at this point in my life. I've enjoyed working on my black NewYorker but I hate getting up and down. Here's my latest Chrysler.

View attachment 592631

View attachment 592632

View attachment 592633

View attachment 592634

View attachment 592635

View attachment 592636

View attachment 592637

View attachment 592638

View attachment 592639

View attachment 592640
WOW - a sedan with 440 TNT - talk about a sleeper. The gold (looks to be the same color as my '67 Sedan) with green interior is pretty sharp, too. You have to see it in person to fully appreciate. Great score - hope to see it for real sometime.........

It seems the Hankook Optima’s were the last standing 14” white walls. It seems that the Optima series was replaced by the Kinergy series, but only black wall.
I am glad my tires are still in good shape.
The tallest 14 inch nowadays is 21575R14 which is 26.7 inches tall.
Even the 22575r14 were short at 27.3 but was more suitable if you could find them.
The 8.55-14 is 28 inches tall
The 215's will fit but with 3.23 gears it will not be highway friendly as the engine will rev and drink the fossil fuels.
One of the reasons I and others went 15 inch to match the tall 14 inch bias ply outer diameter
22575r15 or 23570R15

Looks like this car has the bigger 11" brakes with HD torsion bars, no zerks in the entire car

DSC07364.JPG

DSC07374.JPG

DSC07369.JPG

DSC07371.JPG

440 cars came standard with 11x3 front drums and 11x2.5 rear.
Which is showing in your pics.
Optional tow package gave you bigger torsion bars,rear springs,and 11x3 all 4 corners but without self adjusters!
The torsion bars in both of your NYer's should be the same and are 440 TNT specific.

Last edited:
Wow, gorgeous. congratulations and good luck!
Also...loved the photo of the two cars side by side in the garage. No C body should spend it's life alone.

Hi, I'm sure some have seen this car before. I barged my way into the owner selling the car. He didn't advertise and didn't really know he was selling till I asked to see the car.l. I had been trying to get a hold of him for the past year. He doesn't come on the forum much and that was the only way I knew how to contact him. I had seen this car perhaps 7-8 years ago at the Mopar night show in Milwaukee and it caught my eye. For some or perhaps many, the car won't do a thing for them, I bought it because this car is near pristine condition and I 'm a detailing kind of guy at this point in my life. I've enjoyed working on my black NewYorker but I hate getting up and down. Here's my latest Chrysler.

View attachment 592631

View attachment 592632

View attachment 592633

View attachment 592634

View attachment 592635

View attachment 592636

View attachment 592637

View attachment 592638

View attachment 592639

View attachment 592640
Awesome job finally buying the car. Beautiful car!

The only thing spoiling that beautiful find is that UGLY tach hung off the steering column.

Got to remove it!!!

Back