New to forcbodiesonly ; Love Shack

@Love Shack, I just saw your post about ESPO leaf springs and realized that I'd never say "welcome" -- so here it is, belatedly!

I own a cousin to your car. Poppy (my '70 Polara 'vert) has 33k miles and is still on its original springs. @polara71 and @cantflip think it'd do her good to get new springs, but I like the stance. This said, if I do change them, then I'll follow your and @Big_John's advice and get ESPO.

Would you post pics of your car, and perhaps also its fender tag in our informal registry of the Last Convertibles?

Also, given your location, it'd be great if you came with your Newport to the fourth Volo meet next June, or the next CATL next September (here is @LocuMob's take on his CATL experience).

Last edited:
Ayilar,
I’ve been following along on this site for quite some time. My father bought the Newport in the fall of 71 or 72, it has about 44k on it, and can you believe we don’t have any really ‘good’ pictures of it? Hope to get some yet soon. Build date of 1/70, never winter driven and unrestored. Was hoping to get on the Last Volo Trip, but things didn’t pan out. Planning on being there next year. I’ll try and get something posted, thanks!

@Love Shack, I just saw your post about ESPO leaf springs and realized that I'd never say "welcome" -- so here it is, belatedly!

I own a cousin to your car. Poppy (my '70 Polara 'vert) has 33k miles and is still on its original springs. @polara71 and @cantflip think it'd do her good to get new springs, but I like the stance. This said, if I do change them, then I'll follow your and @Big_John's advice and get ESPO.

Would you post pics of your car, and perhaps also its fender tag in our informal registry of the Last Convertibles?

Also, given your location, it'd be great if you came with your Newport to the fourth Volo meet next June, or the next CATL next September (here is @LocuMob's take on his CATL experience).

I just posted a couple of pictures and brief info on our 1970 Newport Convertible in the 'Last Convertibles' thread.
Thought you'd be interested. Thanks, Stew

Back