New to Site

Bryanhes

Reaction score
New to C Bodies but not Mopars. I have owned many over the years from a Hemi Challenger, Roadrunners, Duster, Coronet and two 53's (a Meadowbrook & Coronet Hemi).
My son and I picked up two 65 Sport Fury's from his great grandmother in 2006 she & her husband had owned the pair for the better part of 25 years. One had no engine and the other had the 318 poly. The one with the engine had sat for about 17 years. After a re connect of the coil, a quick clean of the points and some clean fuel from a jug she fired right up after priming. The relentless desire for the old poly to live on was apparent and amazing. We tinkered on it from time to time until girls took him away, lol! He lost interest has joined the Army and become a married man in the last year. He and his twin brother are now both Army boys with the other serving in Iraq. Needless to say I sold my Fury about a year ago. Should have kept it as I found a paper under the carpet that read POLICE at the top with about 4 to 6 three digit codes that I could not find what they meant. In the meantime my son is now stationed at Fort Bragg and asked that I sell his Sport Fury for him. Well I decided to keep this one and have recently finished up the brake job we started in 2007 including new master, booster all wheel cylinders, rubber hoses, shoes, springs etc.. Also replaced a freeze plug that was rotting and leaking (saw another that looks about to go :( !! Anyway she had her first drive around the block yesterday evening in about 20 years. It went well and the gallon gas jug was just enough, LOL! Yes, the tank needs a good cleaning. A couple neat factory options the ole girl has is power windows (I have all but one working smoothly), rear defrost that still works and air (and its all still there). It does need a little body work. Hopefully I can learn a bit more from you Fury guys, like are power windows a fairly rare option? I have not seen any for sale online or ebay when I look with that option.

Thanks,
Bryan

Last edited:
Thanks for the welcome.

Anyone have a source for windshields at a reasonable price? I have found a couple at about $460 including installation for a correct clear one and can get a green tint for $192. I would like to stay with the clear but not at almost $500.

Thanks,
Bryan

:sSig_welcometoourclI'm almost positive tinted glass was an option in 66 but don't know about 65. I'd be surprised if it wasn't. In any case look forward to hearing about your progress.

From 2010, he was before your time Stan...

I don't even want to know what this forum was like without Stan lol.

Back